Socceroos 2018 WCQ THREAD-v HONDURAS FOR SPOT IN RUSSIA (Dates TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Lets be brutally honest here, we learnt nothing last night. Whilst it was nice to put a few on the board the opposition wasnt close to A League standard.
Yeh
Rogic was promising (this combined with his recent form with Celtic) and was good to see Leckie finally score again for his country
There won't be a lot of difficult tests this early on in Qualification.
Do we have any friendlies lined up soon?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
True, but to be fair WCQ are about results and we got exactly what we needed. Win and a large increase in GD.
No doubting that, just hard to get an idea about just how good some of the guys were.

kangaspurs

Cancelled
Jul 14, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Tottenham, Melbourne City FC
Lets be brutally honest here, we learnt nothing last night. Whilst it was nice to put a few on the board the opposition wasnt close to A League standard.
Even against poor opposition I think we learnt that Luongo, Rogic and Mooy ar\e all able to play together, despite playing similar positions.

Sep 30, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Blackburn Rovers
Even against poor opposition I think we learnt that Luongo, Rogic and Mooy ar\e all able to play together, despite playing similar positions.

The question is will they be exposed defensively against a better side? All very well to be running rings around a side when there's no pressure on you, but it could be a different story against the Japan/Koreas of the world. Bangladesh gave us a ridiculous amount of time and space, something which just won't happen all that often/

I'm more than happy to see those three work in tandem against the weaker teams, I'd just rather a bit more defensive stability in tougher games.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Bailey Wright looks a good prospect, Spiranovic and Sainsbury are quality and Irvine is playing well in Scotland. We just need Curtis Good to get fit......

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
I think we'll find this match easier than the Kyrgyzstan one. Tajikistan's form hasn't been overly good.

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Spiranovic in doubt with illness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlueBen

Premiership Player