D3 2018 Division 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pretty good effort by you guys too. Footy is thriving in the area and surrounds which is great for clubs like ours. Only problem is we are surrounded by money clubs trying to take our players from us. Very hard to compete. Good luck in C grade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
How true , the s**t footy league clubs are a joke. Well done on the promotion and a good day was had by both clubs at Mad Monday. Also to Gun , the GI coach was in attendance.

Disappointed to hear that Albert Park have not reappointed their Senior Coach for next season. Club legend who has been there a hell of a long time & great guy as well. Bit stiff in my opinion given all the hurdles he had to face this season.

Stiff is an understatement!! disgusting and disrespectful would be how I would describe how a long term servant of the club has been treated. Committee should hang their heads in shame.

Cracking game - you boys were too good. Not sure where you’re getting your info from about fly in players but you’re misinformed
Coachnoodles, have the players that played this year committed to next year? I remember last year they had a mass exodus after going up a grade. Would be good to see how they would go in D2 if they stuck together. I reckon GE and Hawthorn would be very competitive in D2 from what I've seen.

Coachnoodles, have the players that played this year committed to next year? I remember last year they had a mass exodus after going up a grade. Would be good to see how they would go in D2 if they stuck together. I reckon GE and Hawthorn would be very competitive in D2 from what I've seen.

Yeah vast majority of the squad are back on board for next year along with a couple we lost mid year that went overseas. Had one player that was working on the mines for half this year (probably where the fly in player rumors came from) but he changed jobs with about 5 weeks to go in the season and will be around next season. We will lose a couple of older blokes that are retiring but that's all. Also had a bunch of guys that play country footy that have been training with us all year. Hoping a few of those will be joining us next season as well if they are sick of the travel every weekend.

Also the club will have U19's next year for the 1st time which will be great. All in all we think it should be a fairly different experience in Div 2 compared to the last two trips there.

Yeah vast majority of the squad are back on board for next year along with a couple we lost mid year that went overseas. Had one player that was working on the mines for half this year (probably where the fly in player rumors came from) but he changed jobs with about 5 weeks to go in the season and will be around next season. We will lose a couple of older blokes that are retiring but that's all. Also had a bunch of guys that play country footy that have been training with us all year. Hoping a few of those will be joining us next season as well if they are sick of the travel every weekend.

Also the club will have U19's next year for the 1st time which will be great. All in all we think it should be a fairly different experience in Div 2 compared to the last two trips there.

Just a heads up. The fly in rumors didn't come from GE. Hopefully both Hawthorn and GE will put in a better show in D2 compared to our last visit. With a bit if luck GE will be able to promote some of their premiership winning under 19s to senior football. Happy pre season all.

19s a great move by he club. Good luck next year.

You would think the team who had so little kicked against them and ended up on top of the ladder would have at least one named on the back line. Also former comp b and f JWS didn't rate. Who picks these teams?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You would think the team who had so little kicked against them and ended up on top of the ladder would have at least one named on the back line. Also former comp b and f JWS didn't rate. Who picks these teams?

Always have a laugh at these sides. Our starting rover was named CHF!

Oggy has been ruckman in the team of the year twice and never plays ruck. At least they got him in the forward line this year.

19-1 record and the coach doesn't get a look in.

Maybe those selecting took into account that one bloke took a D4 team to finals whilst the other took a side that won 7 games in D2, and probably win more had plenty not have taken off to Europe, to finals.
Im not saying GE bloke cant coach. Just devils advocate.
I like the fact that they went outside the square.
Just because a bloke coaches a team that finishes top doesnt mean he or she is the best coach.

Top heavy fwd 6.
Wouldnt want the footy to hit the deck often with that crew.

Maybe those selecting took into account that one bloke took a D4 team to finals whilst the other took a side that won 7 games in D2, and probably win more had plenty not have taken off to Europe, to finals.
Just because a bloke coaches a team that finishes top doesnt mean he or she is the best coach.

Top heavy fwd 6.
People who have no idea shouldn't make the call.

Top heavy fwd 6.

Not sure he coached GE in 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back