Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the sounds of the Saints bloke on Trade Radio, he would be please with Carlisle +R2 pick for Pick 5.

I think Essendon will ask for a little more. I'm thinking R3 pick from next year and it goes though.

By the sounds of the Saints bloke on Trade Radio, he would be please with Carlisle +R2 pick for Pick 5.

I think Essendon will ask for a little more. I'm thinking R3 pick from next year and it goes though.

Yep. Buckets + Melksham pick for 5 will get it done.

Looking forward to welcoming Parish/Francis, Parish/Curnow, or Parish/Weideman.

Pretty sure the only future trades are the first two rounds. Carlisle for pick 5 straight up is fair for mine.

Can someone explain to me why everyones' blowing their load over this s**t McCarthy rumour?

Kicked 35 goals while some other bloke took the best defender all year.

Good player...but pick 5... :drunk:

Or why not O'Meara/McCarthy while we're at it?

Haha omeara is risky with his knee for mine. Had bad patella tendinitis so went overseas and had "revolutionary" surgery shaving the patella tendon to ease the pain. Comes back and first or second match of pre-season he snaps the patella tendon...damaged goods at present...

Can someone explain to me why everyones' blowing their load over this s**t McCarthy rumour?

Kicked 35 goals while some other bloke took the best defender all year.

Because we need a KF and there's not much around that is available to pick up that would be any good. We might be paying overs for McCarthy but he fills a need. Sometimes you have to pay overs to fill that need.

Pretty sure the only future trades are the first two rounds. Carlisle for pick 5 straight up is fair for mine.

Look, I agree. However, with Melksham leaving to Melbourne on a pretty good deal for him, getting a 2nd rounder for him is a bit of a bonus IMO, so I'd have no issue forwarding it onto St Kilda if it meant closing the deal out. We got dudded the chance to get 2 x top-5 picks due to the rule change just in time for 2006, yet we are being presented with a chance to do so again! Let's not * it up for the sake of a single 2nd round pick.

I hope that st kilda draft 2 amazing defenders and Carlisle has to play full forward, stuff the bugger:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

I think we'd be happy with pick 5.
I think Collingwood would be happy with pick 23 and 24.
I think St.Kilda would be happy with Carlisle and Freeman in a year that the draft is apparently shallow.

Stop the ******* around and just get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we'd be happy with pick 5.
I think Collingwood would be happy with pick 23 and 24.
I think St.Kilda would be happy with Carlisle and Freeman in a year that the draft is apparently shallow.

Stop the ******* around and just get it done.
You really think Freeman is worth 2 second rounders?

He hasn't even played a game yet! He wants to leave. He is a second rounder at best, if any more Collingwood have done another great trade.

What they got for Beams was ridiculous.

I sense we are going to get bent over again here.

p14569_d_v7_aa.jpg

Can trade any pick, the only restrictions are you can't trade firsts in consecutive years or a certain number of times in a 4 year block and if you do trade a first you can't trade your 2nd and 3rd in the same year.

Yep. Buckets + Melksham pick for 5 will get it done.

Looking forward to welcoming Parish/Francis, Parish/Curnow, or Parish/Weideman.
which of those are explosive outside mids that take the game on and have nice foot skills?? I want them 2.

I read somewhere that St Kilda are paying Carlisle 800k a season over 5/6 seasons. How is that amount of money for that many years not worthy of pick 5? Guaranteed if Essendon wasn't involved people would say that deal is fair. Hope Bombers don't budge like Collingwood did with that deal last year with Beams cause Collingwood would be laughing after that deal now!

I read somewhere that St Kilda are paying Carlisle 800k a season over 5/6 seasons. How is that amount of money for that many years not worthy of pick 5? Guaranteed if Essendon wasn't involved people would say that deal is fair. Hope Bombers don't budge like Collingwood did with that deal last year with Beams cause Collingwood would be laughing after that deal now!

4 year deal, and not 800k. Doesn't mean he's not worth pick 5 however.
Will just be some shenanigans around swapping later picks to get it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back