Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to troll here but judging by the way this bloke was dancing at Circus at 5am this morning he was probably right to play the other night.

Not the first case of s**t professionalism witnessed from Jake off the field this season, unfortunately.

Out at circus until 5am...he'd have been on something and I'd be hoping he was drinking otherwise we have bigger issues.

You don't stay out until 5am drinking waters...

Not many people on a dancefloor at 5am drinking.

Athletes hit the gear because it doesn't smash your fitness like alcohol, and pulling up isn't as difficult the next day.

It's rife across all clubs. It's perfectly logical in a funny sort of way. Alcohol is just damaging and takes too long to recover from for full time athletes to bother with it.
Oh absolutely correct. I guess I just find it quite annoying when I go to every game every week and see them struggle. Then later that weekend seeing the same lads out and about on the DFloor carrying on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah agreed, when they lose they should be sent straight to their bedroom to lament and fester.

Well if you've got players turning up to recovery sessions directly from nightclubs do you think it aids in recovery? Do you think that will have a negative and detrimental effect on setting a standard of professionalism that seems to be a requirement for success in the modern era?

Do you think it might be a bit of a problem taking illicit substances that not only could turn up in an illicit drugs test, but not only that, that these substances are being cut with agents that may or may not turn up during other testing processes?

Or maybe I'm just a grumpy old fool.

Well if you've got players turning up to recovery sessions directly from nightclubs do you think it aids in recovery? Do you think that will have a negative and detrimental effect on setting a standard of professionalism that seems to be a requirement for success in the modern era?

Do you think it might be a bit of a problem taking illicit substances that not only could turn up in an illicit drugs test, but not only that, that these substances are being cut with agents that may or may not turn up during other testing processes?

You know this to be happening?

91sn32Q.jpg

With a Friday night game I reckon Sunday would have been their day off, so probably not at the club.

Still not ideal, but I doubt he had any type of training on Sun.

I doubt it's a big issue for the club in regards to what players at Essendon are doing compared to other sides. There's 18 clubs with 40 odd players on their list, so nearly 800 players in the system. If you reckon you know a lot or even just a few people that head out on the weekend and take part in recreational drugs. Then the number would be amplified among young males aged roughly between 18-26 that now have a million friends, are athletic and attractive and on more money than 99% of Australians. It's just going to naturally happen. We'd all love to think our players play footy, go home and rest up so they're right for next week but it will never be that way. It's almost the culture of the sport. If what people are saying is correct Carlisle would be no worse than another 150 plus players in the competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back