Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me Irish but I'm struggling to understand the second paragraph...is he or isn't he a desperado?

Please stay Jake...Hooker stays forward..with JD, Laverde and Langers...Hurley, Carlisle, down back...
Sorry, replace Carlisle with Daniher in second paragraph. Saying he is not a desperado.

He can go for all I care as I am over the drama and unstable situation... We have put up with his fragile mental mind through his development...The minute he garners attention and starts enjoying his wet warm pockets he plays the mercenary card...

This guy has cheating girlfriend syndrome all over him...

Does he play golf :p

Haha funnily enough, it's a she.
Here's hoping she's right. Don't take it as super reliable, however if she is right, I might be asking her more questions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder how long it will be before people turn on Hooker for not being a forward because of his set shot goal kicking or issues with his less than ideal ground level mobility.

By my count Hooker has played a couple of good games as a forward. His performances have been insignificant compared to some of the games and quarters that Carlisle has shown he is capable of.

I wonder how long it will be before people turn on Hooker for not being a forward because of his set shot goal kicking or issues with his less than ideal ground level mobility.

By my count Hooker has played a couple of good games as a forward. His performances have been insignificant compared to some of the games and quarters that Carlisle has shown he is capable of.

Probably when it becomes apparent that he will consider walking out on the club if we keep him from playing defense. That generally helps with the "why are we persisting with this" train of thought.

Looks to me like Hooker wants to be there, has an enthusiasm for it & I dont know if that can have ever been said about Carslile. & the added bonus is Daniher has improved in the time Hooker has been there.

Re the forward structure - for now isnt it as simple as 'It ain't broke so don't try to fix it', & defence sees Carslisle in for Steinberg - job done, for now.

Hooker is better beneath his knees than Carlisle . This is one of Hooker strengths as a tall.

Looks to me like Hooker wants to be there, has an enthusiasm for it & I dont know if that can have ever been said about Carslile. & the added bonus is Daniher has improved in the time Hooker has been there.

Re the forward structure - for now isnt it as simple as 'It ain't broke so don't try to fix it', & defence sees Carslisle in for Steinberg - job done, for now.
I reckon Hooksy is the kind of bloke that approaches every job that's asked of him by the coaches the same way. That's just one of the reasons I :hearts: him.

If Carlisle stays, it makes sense to me to play him, Hooker and Hurley back, with Joe and McKernan forward. Hopefully McKernan can be tested in the forwardline sometime this year. With the emergence of Langford as a 3rd tall, I think this structure will most appeal to the coaching staff as it seems they are reluctant to have too tall a forwardline.

Probably true, but if you look at Hawthorn post buddy, they haven't had a dominant 2nd tall forward. And I think Daniher will be one of the top 5 forwards in the comp by next year.

Hawks post buddy still have Rioli, bruest, roughy and gunston who are all capable of kicking 5!

I think Daniher will kick 50ish next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back