Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she have big......hands?

he-said-the-problem-didn_t-lie-with-his-small-penis-but-rath-7.jpg
JrzwvfW.png

So whats par for Jake next year? I got shouted down for suggesting 60 isn't outrageous, although i'm not sure people were aware i was referring to Jake and not JD! I guess we would want 50 though surely?

My expectations is 35-40 from each.
JD sure, but Buckets?! You serious? He is one of the best contested marks i've seen, has a fully matured body and coming off super exciting finish to his first season as a key forward... And you would be okay with him kicking 38 goals next year? He really is better than that.

JD sure, but Buckets?! You serious? He is one of the best contested marks i've seen, has a fully matured body and coming off super exciting finish to his first season as a key forward... And you would be okay with him kicking 38 goals next year? He really is better than that.
Yes, I would.

For the player Carlisle is. For his marking ability and for his age and development, we should expect a lot more from him. It may not happen, but we have the right to expect it. This is a guy who can take 19 marks in a game - 12 contested, then kick 8 goals the next week. He can kick 50+, so why not expect it?

He may continue to struggle against the best defenders as he continues to learn, but the writing is on the wall for the rest...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

60 goals is way too high to be par.

40-45 is about right.
I think if we can get ~90 goals between Derp and Jake then I will be pretty happy.

Going to be hard to kick goals playing CHB.. just saying
We can't assume he's going to be moved back to defence. All we have to go on is recent, exposed form. Hurley had arguably his best year in defence last year and Carlisle started to look good as a forward. Unless you're on the coaching panel (and I'd hazard a guess to say you're not), you cant go and make definitive statements as if you ARE on the panel.

I think if we can get ~90 goals between Derp and Jake then I will be pretty happy.

I was thinking 80 between them would be good. Throw in ~20 for Ambrose and Bellchambers, 10 - 20 for Giles, then a solid contribution from the pockets, flankers and midfielders, and things start to look alright.

The forward line has been our achilles heel the last couple of seasons. It's time to make it work, we have the cattle.

I was thinking 80 between them would be good. Throw in ~20 for Ambrose and Bellchambers, 10 - 20 for Giles, then a solid contribution from the pockets, flankers and midfielders, and things start to look alright.

The forward line has been our achilles heel the last couple of seasons. It's time to make it work, we have the cattle.
I was tossing up between posting ~80 or ~90 and went the higher amount. I figure it's only 5 more each and I'm a glass half full kinda guy ;)

I'm honestly expecting 70-80 between them next year. Why do we have such high, unrealistic expectations? Schulz and Westhoff were probably the 2nd best Key Forward combination last year and they only kicked 90-100 goals.

Those 2 kick 90+ goals, Ambrose, Giles and Bellchambers kick 50-60 between them we have 5 players contributing 140-150 goals next year. Let's put it in perspective. Hawthorn's starting forward line (Roughead/Gunston/Hale/Breust/Puopolo) kicked 234 goals in 25 games, at an average of 9 goals/game. Our starting forward line for next year (Daniher/Carlisle/Giles/Chapman/Winderlich) kicked 99 goals in 23 games, at an average of 4 goals/game. You're placing expectations far too high and will be let down

I don't see my expectations being too high based on last season having a 2nd year bean pole (JD), a 1st year AFL level KPF (Carlisle) and 1st year AFL level roaming forward (Ambrose) up forward. Throw in another pre-season for them to gain experience working together and becoming familiar with each other's game and 80 between JD/Carlisle isn't too much of a stretch, and ~20 by Ambrose I think is a decent enough expectation given he is a sharp shooter so will make the most of limited opportunities.

How the ruckmen fit into that structure is the unknown but any forward/ruck should be looking for a goal every couple of games.

I deliberately didn't put a number against the smalls as I have no idea how we'll structure up when you have Chapman, Winderlich, Watson, Goddard, Merrett x 2, Kommer, Zaharakis, Fantasia etc capable of playing down there.

I don't see my expectations being too high based on last season having a 2nd year bean pole (JD), a 1st year AFL level KPF (Carlisle) and 1st year AFL level roaming forward (Ambrose) up forward. Throw in another pre-season for them to gain experience working together and becoming familiar with each other's game and 80 between JD/Carlisle isn't too much of a stretch, and ~20 by Ambrose I think is a decent enough expectation given he is a sharp shooter so will make the most of limited opportunities.

How the ruckmen fit into that structure is the unknown but any forward/ruck should be looking for a goal every couple of games.

I deliberately didn't put a number against the smalls as I have no idea how we'll structure up when you have Chapman, Winderlich, Watson, Goddard, Merrett x 2, Kommer, Zaharakis, Fantasia etc capable of playing down there.
Yet the trio still only kicked 68 goals between them. You're expecting them to kick 32 more goals between them. I would be stoked if the 3 of them kicked 100 between them but I simply can't see it.

Yet the trio still only kicked 68 goals between them. You're expecting them to kick 32 more goals between them. I would be stoked if the 3 of them kicked 100 between them but I simply can't see it.

No?

Honestly I would expect 100 goals from these three next year.

No?

Honestly I would expect 100 goals from these three next year.
No. I would expect 80-90 between them. Maybe 95. I don't expect our forward line to be fixed overnight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back