Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet the trio still only kicked 68 goals between them. You're expecting them to kick 32 more goals between them. I would be stoked if the 3 of them kicked 100 between them but I simply can't see it.

Carlisle kicked 27. He'd kicked 6 goals from 12 games until round 15 came along. 21 goals from the next 7 games. 40 goals is realistic.
Daniher kicked 28. If he can match his late season's consistency from 2014, plus match his improved accuracy going forwards, 40 goals is realistic.
Ambrose kicked 13. 8 of his 13 goals came from his last 7 games. 20 goals is realistic.

Another pre-season learning each others games, another pre-season of physical maturity, it can happen. Sure, I might be taking a glass half full approach but what I am suggesting is definitely not far fetched.

I remain optimistic. :D
I remain realistic.
Carlisle kicked 27. He'd kicked 6 goals from 12 games until round 15 came along. 21 goals from the next 7 games. 40 goals is realistic.
Daniher kicked 28. If he can match his late season's consistency from 2014, plus match his improved accuracy going forwards, 40 goals is realistic.
Ambrose kicked 13. 8 of his 13 goals came from his last 7 games. 20 goals is realistic.

Another pre-season learning each others games, another pre-season of physical maturity, it can happen. Sure, I might be taking a glass half full approach but what I am suggesting is definitely not far fetched.
The trio never had a game where more than 1 of them had a good game. With that in mind, 100 goals between them is unrealistic. Whilst I'm counting on them to improve I can't see them becoming one of the better key forward trios in the game. Franklin/Tippett/Goodes kicked 143 goals between them. Westhoff and Schulz kicked under 100 goals despite being one of the best pairing's in the game. I hope you won't be disappointed if (in all likelihood) they don't kick 100 goals between them.

I see a tidy little wager that leaves me triumphant and basking in glory coming up.....
Done. Sig for a month at the end of the season/if they pass 100?

No. I would expect 80-90 between them. Maybe 95. I don't expect our forward line to be fixed overnight.

I remain realistic.

The trio never had a game where more than 1 of them had a good game. With that in mind, 100 goals between them is unrealistic. Whilst I'm counting on them to improve I can't see them becoming one of the better key forward trios in the game. Franklin/Tippett/Goodes kicked 143 goals between them. Westhoff and Schulz kicked under 100 goals despite being one of the best pairing's in the game. I hope you won't be disappointed if (in all likelihood) they don't kick 100 goals between them.

I have 100 goals for the 3 across the season, you have somewhere between 80 and 95 goals. Therefore the difference between realistic and optimistic is < 1 goal per game for your expectation, < 0.25 goals for your "maybe" scenario.

My baseline for them is to improve as a forward combination and I think that's a given for all of us. From there it's the opinion of the individual as to the rate of improvement expected.

I think JD is a lock for around the 40 mark. He is clearly getting better and better, so unless he gets injured it seems cut and dried (might go higher but that would be a big bonus).
Carlisle has one doubt factor remaining, which is why he struggled so badly early this season? The consensus has been that he had severe crisis of confidence probably related to the new position. If that was the case, then given the huge performances he went on to deliver, it would be very surprising to see a repeat of that problem. So where does that leave him? I think we should find that he can kick a couple of goals now even on a bad day. That should lift him easily into the 50 zone.
People want to talk up where JD is headed, but don't want to acknowledge the potential of the physically mature Carlisle. I guess we had high hopes before last season and were sorely disappointed early on...

Yeah mate.

One stipulation, they have to play at least 50 games between them.
Biggest issue could be that it might be Giles, not Ambrose playing most of the season. Ambrose might get 8 - 10 games and kicking 5-6 goals getting you to the 50 game mark. 95 odd goals between the other two is not the wager that you thought you were making!
I would have said 55 games ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Biggest issue could be that it might be Giles, not Ambrose playing most of the season. Ambrose might get 8 - 10 games and kicking 5-6 goals getting you to the 50 game mark. 95 odd goals between the other two is not the wager that you thought you were making!
I would have said 55 games ;)

Danger's my middle name baby.....

Its feasible that Carlisle can kick 60 goals. He is the type that could have 5 big games and kick 35 goals, and average a goal a game for the rest
Hooray! I was feeling kind of lonely ;)
I guess we all know its feasible, but for me the likelihood of him cracking 50 is based on just how good a mark he is. Once he gets on a bit of a roll, he has shown that he can just monster the pack. This is no "fly by night" attribute... As a defender you will know that you have to be on top of your game to compete against him, and he is definitely going to really get hold of some defenders next year. At his age he is still physically developing and he is of course still learning the forward game. There is some reason to expect him to be better next year than he was in the last 7 games! Not that i dare to hope for that, but logic says its possible... Of all the players on the list to get excited about next year he is number one.
It boggles the mind to think that it might be possible that Hird could still switch him back!

Its feasible that Carlisle can kick 60 goals. He is the type that could have 5 big games and kick 35 goals, and average a goal a game for the rest
It's absolutely feasible, yes. I just wouldn't say it's par.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back