Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This will surely give Caro another angle to attack the clubs supporter base, and by supporter base I mean the club itself, which obviously means Hird.
If she wants to worry her petty little self with that, more power to her I say. :D

Best game by an Essendon forward since the 2006 - 2008 Lloyd and Lucas days. Even his biggest fans couldn't have expected this sort of turnaround given his form earlier this season.

Dumbass journo to Bomber: 'What sort of confidence do you think he (Carlisle) is playing with?'

See, it's those kind of Lane-esque questions that understandably make Mick a grumpy old man.

Oh, and Bomber's response to said dumbass question: 'That's not a good question.' Haha!!

The question isn't designed to be good; they are designed to elicit a quotable answer. It fills a sentence in a match report or associated article.

Best game by an Essendon forward since the 2006 - 2008 Lloyd and Lucas days. Even his biggest fans couldn't have expected this sort of turnaround given his form earlier this season.

The question isn't designed to be good; they are designed to elicit a quotable answer. It fills a sentence in a match report or associated article.
But... "What sort of confidence"
EH?!

Side effects of Tb4

Caroline Wilson - Exclusive.

Recent studies have shown shocking side effects of Tb4 may include the formation of a cat like head, a grumpy face and long whiskers. Players involved in this drug regime will undergo monthly test to monitor the issues. Meanwhile, James Hird is soon to arrive home is sure to put the players under further duress...

Mmmm, Mmmm...Love your work jade..
To think we got Jake in the Lovett deal is a sweet thing,
We did very well in that 2009 draft,
Two Jakes and Colyer (who has surely arrived), then Hardingham (whose days are numbered) plus Howlett and Crameri in the rookie draft..who we turned into Zerrett...taka a bow Disco..

Last edited:
I love his whole demeanor too. No fuss. No big celebrations. Just big clunks and on with business.

Laid a few nice tackles as well.
He strikes me as the kind of guy that knows how good he is, but is really uncomfortable and insecure with attention put on him.

Up forward he can't really avoid being the focal point (quite literally), so when he's struggling his mindset goes to s**t; when he's dominating you can see he almost feels embarrassed because he knows that everybody's going to be talking about him.

Mmmm, Mmmm...Love your work jade..
To think we got Jake in the Lovett deal is a sweet thing,
We did very well in that 2009 draft,
Jake and Colyer (who has surely arrived), then Hardingham (whose days are numbered) plus Howlett and Crameri in the rookie draft..who we turned into Zerrett...taka a bow Disco..
Don't forget Melksham, who if he doesn't miss another game and we play finals will get to 100 games

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He strikes me as the kind of guy that knows how good he is, but is really uncomfortable and insecure with attention put on him.

Up forward he can't really avoid being the focal point (quite literally), so when he's struggling his mindset goes to s**t; when he's dominating you can see he almost feels embarrassed because he knows that everybody's going to be talking about him.

Some players instinctively want to be the man, others shun the limelight. Carlisle is naturally among the latter and is more comfortable up back where you can have a fantastic game but there's no additional pressure.

The challenge for Carlisle and our coaching staff is to build on the past couple of weeks and create an environment where Carlisle is comfortable being the focal point and the associated pressure that comes with that position. That will largely determine whether he becomes a great forward or merely one that can occasionally string a few good games together. Certainly there is no longer an argument on whether he is capable of being a very good forward.

Dumbass journo to Bomber: 'What sort of confidence do you think he (Carlisle) is playing with?'
62994_ce790de26d51e4c275fdcd1ade1f96a6.jpg

oops my bad, totally forgot he was in there as well, I'll edit it cheers, was a super draft for us..

2008/09 was an incredible combo for us. 3 stars (Hurley, Zaharakis, Carlisle) and plenty of best 22 sort of guys who'll get 100+ games and deserve them (Howlett, Melksham, Colyer and to a lesser extent Hardingham).

That's the sort of drafting that you build a top 4 list around.

2008/09 was an incredible combo for us. 3 stars (Hurley, Zaharakis, Carlisle) and plenty of best 22 sort of guys who'll get 100+ games and deserve them (Howlett, Melksham, Colyer and to a lesser extent Hardingham).

Could throw 2008 in there with Myers, Hooker, Pears and Bellchambers as well

Very true, gee looking at that draft, imagine if we didn't trade for Prismall and landed the guy who they picked...Oh well, can't win em all, take a bow Disco...So stoked with Zerrett for Cramdog as well..Plus Hooker Baguely, Hibberd and Gleeson have been brilliant picks...

God his game was good yesterday. I can't remember the last time we had a bloke kick 8 (excluding Reimers against the GC as it doesn't really count)

God his game was good yesterday. I can't remember the last time we had a bloke kick 8 (excluding Reimers against the GC as it doesn't really count)
Last 5:

Carlisle last night
Reimers vs Gold Coast in 2011
Lloyd vs Melbourne in 2008
Lucas vs West Coast in 2007
Lucas vs Western Bulldogs in 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back