Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
7 in the last quarter in Hird and Sheedy's last game?
That's the one. Lloyd also kicked 8 in the first game that year and I was thinking of another Coleman for the great man

That's the one. Lloyd also kicked 8 in the first game that year and I was thinking of another Coleman for the great man
Speaking of great men, check this out..

It's amazing how similar Jake is to Fish, Can clunk a mark but just have to hope he kicks it straight..
Some absolute legends involved in this game,
Must watch if you haven't seen it already..Enjoy.

Agreed but Motlop is what we gave up...can't win them all..In Hindsight everyone would choose Motlop..

If only we had one of these. ;)

url
delorean.png

He strikes me as the kind of guy that knows how good he is, but is really uncomfortable and insecure with attention put on him.

Up forward he can't really avoid being the focal point (quite literally), so when he's struggling his mindset goes to s**t; when he's dominating you can see he almost feels embarrassed because he knows that everybody's going to be talking about him.

Funniest stuff is when he gets a goal through a bad kick (see bulldogs game) or a flukey bit of play (see pies game when he kicks his 4th) just shakes his head. Knows it was luck and just gets on with it. Doesnt celebrate like a peanut.

You can hear in inteviews he just wants to play in the team. Doesnt want to be a star but desperately wants to play

Very true, gee looking at that draft, imagine if we didn't trade for Prismall and landed the guy who they picked...Oh well, can't win em all, take a bow Disco...So stoked with Zerrett for Cramdog as well..Plus Hooker Baguely, Hibberd and Gleeson have been brilliant picks...

If you take the fact that Motlop was the pick away, pick 39 was unders for Prismall. Got unlucky there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gone from a defender playing forward looking for body contact at every contest to a forward who only has eyes for the ball.

The turnaround is remarkable.

atta boy jakey!!

Last edited:
Pick 5 and Macrae and we might think about it.
Mcrae and Bont... but then good KPP are like gold so I still wouldn't go for it

On the other hand reading the boards of the pies and dogs the last two weeks they can't stop talking about how much of a spud he is, and it was only small/injured/underperforming defenders that made him look good.

Most marks in Essendon history 1 week
Most I50 Marks in champion data history the next

Buckets does thou deliver

Having a great chuckle reading team forums, a lot of clubs want Buckets.

That's nice, but I don't want to have to go back to the well for another KPP. I'll take Ben's suggestion of pick 5 and Macrae, then on trade pick 5 for an experienced KPF from somewhere that may not be as good as Buckets but will play a very good 2nd fiddle to JD.

Ideally though

upload_2014-7-21_14-58-9.png

Mcrae and Bont... but then good KPP are like gold so I still wouldn't go for it

On the other hand reading the boards of the pies and dogs the last two weeks they can't stop talking about how much of a spud he is, and it was only small/injured/underperforming defenders that made him look good.

Most marks in Essendon history 1 week
Most I50 Marks in champion data history the next

Buckets does thou deliver

Not saying I'd take that trade, but you'd get me in the room if you opened with that.

I hate doing this because Carey's as good as anyone I've seen, but yesterday looked like Carey was playing.

Not saying I'd take that trade, but you'd get me in the room if you opened with that.

I hate doing this because Carey's as good as anyone I've seen, but yesterday looked like Carey was playing.
Problem is with this sport no-one wants to give some to get some...
They will prob be hoping on a Liam Jones plus 2nd rounder to get the job done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back