Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The man didn't smile once, and was actually visibly disappointed after one of his goals that he didn't spin neatly. Terrifying.
pretty much told his teammates coming over to congratulate him to go away after that 6 pointer shank.

struck a cord with me, poor execution so he doesn't want the adulation... me like

He's taken on 2 undersized defenders and a s**t tall one in the last 2 weeks that he's dominated.

In which case we should expect every KPF coming up against the Pies or Dogs to take 19 marks or kick 8 goals.

Yes, there's a reason to temper expectations, but Buckets has had a pretty special fortnight and we're entitled to enjoy what we've seen. There's something about a KPF grabbing a game by the neck that is a joy to watch, and it's even better if they are wearing the red and black.

Not sure why Dogs would be after Jakey, they already got our best forward in Crameri. They have mentioned as much all season.

Averaging half a goal a game against his former side.

What a beast.

Averaging half a goal a game against his former side.

What a beast.

Less goals per game than last season too, but you know, is better because he's played more games this season.

Have no ill will towards Stu, footy's a cut-throat game these days, but by the same token, now that he's not one of us I have nothing but disinterest for him.

Once a don, now is done.

Kicked 5 goals in 6 games against top 8 sides. Looking forward to Ben Stratton tearing him a new one in 2 weeks, even though I hate Hawthorn.

But no, I'm bitter because I call him a flat track bully

He's taken on 2 undersized defenders and a s**t tall one in the last 2 weeks that he's dominated.

It's not all about the last fortnight as spectacular as it has been.

Don't forget the 4 marks inside 50, 2.2 with a goal assist he had against Geelong (and I think there was an out on the full or shot that didn't register).

In which case we should expect every KPF coming up against the Pies or Dogs to take 19 marks or kick 8 goals.

Yes, there's a reason to temper expectations, but Buckets has had a pretty special fortnight and we're entitled to enjoy what we've seen. There's something about a KPF grabbing a game by the neck that is a joy to watch, and it's even better if they are wearing the red and black.

No one is debating that point. My question after last week, and this week is whether he can keep some consistency.. clearly he can't perform at this level every week (no one can bar GAJ) but it will be interesting to see how he goes against Sydney, Hawthorn (if we play them again) and the big test will be Freo (if we play them again) level defence.

Right now we can all just bask in the glory of his form and the fact that on the back of two unbelievable performances.. our season is back on track for finals.

Less goals per game than last season too, but you know, is better because he's played more games this season.

Have no ill will towards Stu, footy's a cut-throat game these days, but by the same token, now that he's not one of us I have nothing but disinterest for him.

Once a don, now is done.

I don't wish the bloke any ill will, but the player - couldn't give a toss if his career was a complete failure.

I don't wish Monfries any ill will - matter of fact I still cheer for him. He gave what, eight years of damn good service to our club.

Crameri was taken as a mature age player, promoted off the rookie list, and he left for a (reasonably) moderate pay increase to play for a club that didn't have a snowballs chance in hell of playing finals.

He's a merc - and I hope the Bulldogs investment in him is a failure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Right now.. if faced with a choice between Crameri and J Merrett.. I know which one I would choose 100/100 times.. but this is the Buckets thread..
WB and us both play Crameri out of position. He is a HFF and shouldn't be playing inside 50. The times that he has actually been given that role he has mostly excelled. I'd love to have him back at the club to play that role and Jackson is no where near that level yet. Have high hopes for the kid, but Crameri would be a very useful player for us right now and could have even be the difference between a flag and no flag next season. Imagine him teaming up with JC and JD!?

I've been reliably informed by a Carlton supporter that this was the worst 8 goal performance of all time, so now I'm sure it was ****ing tremendous.
Kyle Reimers v Gold Coast?

Crameri is an undersized KPF, not a flanker. Poor below his knees, average endurance and has no capabilities of playing midfield.
I did mean Zach.. sorry my bad..

But I'll agree with BTG.. I'd take both the Merrett boys over Crameri tbh.
Making rines' point even more valid.

I'd pick Jackson 100/100 and Zach will be better.
I'm crying bias BS on your asses.
If he was playing for us this year he would probably be leading our goal kicking like always, but would be even more significant if we were playing him high HF.
I guess on the flip side we might not have discovered WADA Carlisle which would have been a tragedy.
The irony is that he would fit into our team now beautifully, whereas Footscray will continue to play him out of position because they have no other options. I
I agree that Zach will be better one day, and Jackson might also. But right now? No. Crameri every day of the week. (And just think, who did we need on those flat track days against the Saints and Melbourne? ;) The bully!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back