Traded #22: Jake Carlisle - Pt.1 - Traded with some other stuff for pick 5, 24 and a Bird (cont in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm obviously not talking about just this year, because comparing a 25ish year old to a first year player is stupid.

Both Jackson and Zach will have better careers than Crameri. I am 100% certain of that.

I'm crying bias BS on your asses.
If he was playing for us this year he would probably be leading our goal kicking like always, but would be even more significant if we were playing him high HF.
I guess on the flip side we might not have discovered WADA Carlisle which would have been a tragedy.
The irony is that he would fit into our team now beautifully, whereas Footscray will continue to play him out of position because they have no other options. I
I agree that Zach will be better one day, and Jackson might also. But right now? No. Crameri every day of the week. (And just think, who did we need on those flat track days against the Saints and Melbourne? ;) The bully!
He's an undersized key forward. I cannot possibly fathom how you can say he isn't. Just like Buddy is an oversized flanker.

I'm obviously not talking about just this year, because comparing a 25ish year old to a first year player is stupid.

Both Jackson and Zach will have better careers than Crameri. I am 100% certain of that.

I'm really not that sold on Jackson.. sure he may end up playing a fair chunk of games.. but will he be that player that somehow commanded a big salary at another club? or had as much impact? I can't see it. Zach looks set to be a star though.

I'm really not that sold on Jackson.. sure he may end up playing a fair chunk of games.. but will he be that player that somehow commanded a big salary at another club? or had as much impact? I can't see it. Zach looks set to be a star though.

Hard running, smart, good skills, good goal sense.

Don't let his poor form post-injury fool you, the first half of this year was a glimpse of what's coming from this kid. He's a ripping prospect on the wing.

He's an undersized key forward. I cannot possibly fathom how you can say he isn't. Just like Buddy is an oversized flanker.
He can burn anyone off on a long lead and is a good strong mark out in front. Then he can burn anyone off back again. If you get him doing that all day, you can always live with him fumbling below his knees... But he cannot take a contested mark to save himself and he is not smart enough to outwork opponents i50.

He can burn anyone off on a long lead and is a good strong mark out in front. Then he can burn anyone off back again. If you get him doing that all day, you can always live with him fumbling below his knees... But he cannot take a contested mark to save himself and he is not smart enough to outwork opponents i50.
Poor below his knees, average tank, good hands in a mark. Yep, sounds like a key forward to me.

Poor below his knees, average tank, good hands in a mark. Yep, sounds like a key forward to me.
Don't get caught up in labels maaaan!.... You've got to free your miiiind...
In others words he's half half. So as long as he playes high (pun intended) everything is groovy

Don't get caught up in labels maaaan!.... You've got to free your miiiind...
In others words he's half half. So as long as he playes high (pun intended) everything is groovy
He's really not. Speed isn't an unusual thing in a key forward.

I'm crying bias BS on your asses.
If he was playing for us this year he would probably be leading our goal kicking like always, but would be even more significant if we were playing him high HF.
I guess on the flip side we might not have discovered WADA Carlisle which would have been a tragedy.
The irony is that he would fit into our team now beautifully, whereas Footscray will continue to play him out of position because they have no other options. I
I agree that Zach will be better one day, and Jackson might also. But right now? No. Crameri every day of the week. (And just think, who did we need on those flat track days against the Saints and Melbourne? ;) The bully!

That was always the tease wasn't it? What would it look like if we had someone who could play deep and command the oppositions attention. Now that we seem to have it Crameri is gone and we'll never know (and there is no danger of the Dogs giving him the chop out in the next few years).

Noticed that Jackson Merrett is getting more overrated by the day on this board. One good game does not make a season and, as a third year player, it is not like he is a baby. I think we'll find out whether we'd prefer Jackson Merrett to Crameri's 30 to 45 goals a season (allow for increase in a team with a better forward structure) in the next 12 months.

That was always the tease wasn't it? What would it look like if we had someone who could play deep and command the oppositions attention. Now that we seem to have it Crameri is gone and we'll never know (and there is no danger of the Dogs giving him the chop out in the next few years).

Noticed that Jackson Merrett is getting more overrated by the day on this board. One good game does not make a season and, as a third year player, it is not like he is a baby. I think we'll find out whether we'd prefer Jackson Merrett to Crameri's 30 to 45 goals a season (allow for increase in a team with a better forward structure) in the next 12 months.
Why are we comparing Jackson Merrit to Crameri??
It was Zach we got in the trade for the pick, and while I agree the jury is still out on Jerrett, lets give Zach a bit of time to develop

In saying that.... How about Jake Carlisle??

Why are we comparing Jackson Merrit to Crameri??
It was Zach we got in the trade for the pick, and while I agree the jury is still out on Jerrett, lets give Zach a bit of time to develop

In saying that.... How about Jake Carlisle??

It's not a comparison. It's "who would you rather have". I'm saying that based on output preferring Jackson Merrett to Crameri is probably more about sour grapes than any consideration of the benefit of having Crameri as a genuine goal kicker in the in the current side.

I think Jackson Merrett will end up being a quality, hard working soldier who could play 200 games but I'm not sure that his 200 games would be better than Crameri's 200 games.

That Crameri struggled against good opponents basically reflects the waste of him being a focal point. Whether or not he is capable of "playing small" can really only be determined when he gets the opportunity to do it.

I've noticed with Ambrose that his good defensive efforts and good attacking efforts don't really come in the same game. I assume that it is a work load, structural issue and it is consistent with what happens AFL wide. The point is that if you're going to play as a key forward and play on key defenders you're not going to do much at ground level because no one does.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlisle's last 3 games: 2, 4, 8 goals. I've worked out that if he keeps doubling his goal output he should be popping out 4096 goals a game just in time for the granny, which should get us over the line.

Thank you for this post.

I seriously hope we play Hawthorn in week 2. Nothing would be more satisfying than knocking them out in straight sets. Except doing that to Carlton, but that would require Carlton being good.

Carlisle's last 3 games: 2, 4, 8 goals. I've worked out that if he keeps doubling his goal output he should be popping out 4096 goals a game just in time for the granny, which should get us over the line.
2046.png

Amazing.

Given that he'll kick 512 goals in the first week of the finals, I think we'll go straight through to the prelim, where he'll kick 1024 goals, and a mere 2048 in the granny, which tightens things up considerably.

:D

Amazing.

Given that he'll kick 512 goals in the first week of the finals, I think we'll go straight through to the prelim, where he'll kick 1024 goals, and a mere 2048 in the granny, which tightens things up considerably.

:D
we'd have to finish 4th to get a shot at a week off... dont see that happening

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back