Review Jonathan Giles (2016 - 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

GILES%20Jonathan.png

Details
Number
Height 201cm
Weight 101kg
DOB 28-1-1988
Debut Round 1 Vs Sydney 2012 (GWS), Round 18 Vs Western Bulldogs (Essendon), Round 13 Vs Brisbane 2016 (West Coast)
Games 9
Goals 3

Player honours: -

Draft History: 2005 AFL Draft pick 70 (Port), 2010 AFL Rookie Draft pick 3 (GWS), 2014 traded to Essedon pick 53, 2015 traded to West Coast pick 57

Last edited:

WCE-sb-AFLM.jpg

State league affiliate: East Perth (WAFL)
This weekend: Peel Thunder v East Perth - Saturday May 21, 11.40am, Bendigo Bank Stadium

Playing in torrential rain, former Swan Lewis Jetta recorded 13 disposals as the Royals fell 14 points short of Peel Thunder.

Ruckman Jonathan Giles picked up 28 hit-outs and a goal.

Tough nut Patrick McGinnity collected 20 disposals, four inside-50s and a goal.

East Perth had only three goals for the match, with Brant Colledge the other goalscorer.

Will this be the week for gilesy? He knew when moving west he was a fair way down the pecking order but he should get a game ahead of McInnes with nic Nat out....surely?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

The glass has been broken, Giles will make his debut this week and lead the ruck in the absence of both NicNat and Lycett.

He'll be the 228th Eagle overall, the 10th to appear in the number 22 (behind Sinclair, Graham, Waters, Collica, Stone, Downsborough, Hynes, Ellis and O'Connell - some big names there), the fourth Jon/John (behind Worsfold, Annear and Gastev) and the first player to ever appear for both the Eagles and the Giants. Also one of a select few to appear for the Eagles and Bombers - only Prior, Ilija Grgic, Scott Cummings and Dale Kickett (who played for everyone) have played for both sides.

#randomuselessfacts

i rekon he will do alright leading it him self. He seems like a players that goes a level or 2 up when in the seniors. However, i still prefer someone like mcinnis or gov backing lycett in the future.

State league affiliate: East Perth (WAFL)
This weekend: East Perth v West Perth - Saturday July 16, 1.40pm, Medibank Stadium

Ruckman Jonathan Giles took out best-on-ground honours in his team's 13-point win in wet conditions, accumulating 30 hit-outs, 14 disposals and kicking three goals.

Defenders Eric Mackenzie and Jackson Nelson, who were named in the Eagles' original 25-man squad for the clash against Carlton, collected 20 and 17 possessions respectively as they vie for a call-up.

Midfielders Liam Duggan (11 touches, one goal) and Dom Sheed (10 touches) were kept relatively quiet.

BOG!

1b42c349e091baf736b659be26c581aa.jpg

Good to see gilesy doing his bit again,
Maybe of more interest is the name above him tho

Giles has been in good form,he is the only option to help cover the loss of naitanui

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apparently played well did gilesy, anyone got a bit of a write up?

Oh yeah I didn't even notice. It's right near where I've been staying this week. Is it good?

Sooooo good. Id recommend the karage chicken bento box and the tuna sushi with the fried onion and dried chilli's on top.

11/10

Sooooo good. Id recommend the karage chicken bento box and the tuna sushi with the fried onion and dried chilli's on top.

11/10
Flying back today but next time I'm in town I'll check it out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back