Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite laughable that the winner of the Age POTY wins a Hyundia i30. Goldy would be lucky to fit in it. I suppose it'd be an upgrade on his Rav 4 though.

I reckon he'd pose for promo pics then opt for the cash equivalent rather than the car. Or maybe Mazda would happily take it off his hands for an upgraded more suitably sized car they have in their lineup.

Quite laughable that the winner of the Age POTY wins a Hyundia i30. Goldy would be lucky to fit in it. I suppose it'd be an upgrade on his Rav 4 though.

F5UweNCK5eys91wylXjkJGTAo1_500.png

For mine our only elite player on the list.

Imagine if Goldstein was tapping to a quality midfield? We would be absolutely killing them. Most of his positive taps get butchered in terms of fumbles or s**t kicks to nowhere.

Dal, Cunners and Zeibs are quality players but a step below the best going around.

Wells at his best is elite, nor is he even playing. He's 2 weeks away which means he never plays apparently.

Swallow is some way off his best after injury.

We have the best ruckman we've had in eons and despite being in "our window" we are way off in terms of the rest of our squad to take full advantage (winning a flag I mean).

Last edited:
For mine our only elite player on the list.

Imagine if Goldstein was tapping to a quality midfield? We would be absolutely killing them. Most of his positive taps get butchered in terms of fumbles or s**t kicks to nowhere.

Dal, Cunners and Zeibs are quality players but a step below the best going around.

The balance in the middle isn't right and hasn't been since Swallow's return from injury last year. Ziebell should be on our third rotation in the middle. Cunnington should be our main extractor with a smooth reader of the play (Dal/Wells...) and Jacobs tagging. Would make us so much more nimble in there. Instead, we have Swallow who hits packs with speed but rarely gets a clean disposal out and Jack who is usually flat footed and still hacks the ball forward 80% of the time. We are lacking the balance between extractor, defender, mobile receiver that works best in the guts. I wouldn't be opposed to our rotations looking something like this until Wells gets back:

Cunnington, Jacobs, Dal Santo

Swallow, Bastinac, Thomas

Ziebell, Atley, Higgins

Or combinations of the above. But having Cunnington, Swallow and Ziebell in the middle together hasn't really worked this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

By a mile. But strangly I'm more looking forward to him getting AA. Feels like it's been a long time coming

Ruckmen with recent AA jumpers:

Mark Jamar
Sam Jacobs
Will Minson
Nic Naitanui (before he properly emerged)

This irks me. With the exception of Maric and Mumford, it feels like any ruckman who has a break out year gets rewarded.

Ruckmen with recent AA jumpers:

Mark Jamar
Sam Jacobs
Will Minson
Nic Naitanui (before he properly emerged)

This irks me. With the exception of Maric and Mumford, it feels like any ruckman who has a break out year gets rewarded.
Yeah, Goldy is clearly better than all of those players yet has no AA guernsey to show for it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back