Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

Crazy thing is Sandi is averaging 43.6 himself.

Good year for the big rucks.

I feel the only time that Goldy struggles now is against rucks that are bigger than him, ones that can match strength with him he has down games.

For Sandi it's sheer size, bloke has like 10cm on him and is built like the proverbial brick **** house.
Yeah I've noticed to goldy struggles against taller or stronger rucks thought I was the only one to notice haha.

There's a clear "big 4" ruckmen. Mumford, Sandi, Goldy and Nic Nat. Those 4 are light years ahead of the pack. And at the moment Goldy is a good way in the lead of the big 4. Coaches votes seem to reflect this.
With all this talk about Goldy im starting to get this bad feeling his going to get screwed over by the AA selectors again .
I hope I'm wrong as I feel if his going to miss out again with the way he has played this year I will find it the greatest act of football Terrorism and considering there's quite a lot of egotistical football Terrorist out there in the media ex players and the AFL it self

With all this talk about Goldy im starting to get this bad feeling his going to get screwed over by the AA selectors again .
I hope I'm wrong as I feel if his going to miss out again with the way he has played this year I will find it the greatest act of football Terrorism and considering there's quite a lot of egotistical football Terrorist out there in the media ex players and the AFL it self

I think he'll get the nod. I'm worried that Higgins won't get recognised. In all honesty they're our only contenders.

the last few years (bar 1) he didn't deserve AA selection, this year its a no brainer.

Crazy thing is Sandi is averaging 43.6 himself.

Good year for the big rucks.

I feel the only time that Goldy struggles now is against rucks that are bigger than him, ones that can match strength with him he has down games.

For Sandi it's sheer size, bloke has like 10cm on him and is built like the proverbial brick **** house.
Goldy went ok v Max Gawn, gave away 7cm, and 8kg and won easily

Goldy went ok v Max Gawn, gave away 7cm, and 8kg and won easily
Gawn is a bit of a s**t truck though. Goldy won easily but at times I felt Gawns size troubled him, especially at boundary throw ins where Gawn leant on him.

Sandi smashed him early but Goldstein fought back well. As expected, Sandi won the hitout contest but I thought in the end that Goldy had the edge around the ground. It's interesting as well that the AFL website has Goldy as our second best player but no Sandi in Freo's best players.

Goldy worked himself back in it, but overall Sandi won the duel.

One on one Sandilands is probably the better pure ruckmen, but Goldstein has had the better season and should be rewarded with the #1 ruck spot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got done in the first qtr by Sandi then hit back well for the rest of the game.... Sandi probably just won the duel but Goldy was excellent and didnt give up....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back