Past #23: Ben McKay - gone to * as RFA - NMFC awarded Band 1 pick #3 compo

Remove this Banner Ad

411912.jpg

On an non-related note, if we had have kept Loose, we'd have the most Mc/Mac's in the comp!

McKay, McKenzie, McDonald, McMahon and Macmillan.

Aside from the one who's 26?
Who is that?
Even though the club has already said they'll be building him to be the next Petrie, and in every pre-draft video he referred to himself as a forward?
He'll play where he's told, but if the club has declared he's penciled in for the forward line, who am i to disagree. Just know that the he played half his TAC season in defence & is as solidly built as kids come, read the pre-draft reviews again you'll find he can play both ends.

Who is that?

He'll play where he's told, but if the club has declared he's penciled in for the forward line, who am i to disagree. Just know that the he played half his TAC season in defence & is as solidly built as kids come, read the pre-draft reviews again you'll find he can play both ends.
I never said he couldn't play both ends, just relaying what the club and Ben himself have said. From the very little vision I've seen, I'd prefer Durdin back and McKay forward. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure the club knows what they're doing.

I never said he couldn't play both ends, just relaying what the club and Ben himself have said. From the very little vision I've seen, I'd prefer Durdin back and McKay forward. But that's just my opinion, I'm sure the club knows what they're doing.
I'm sure they do know better than me for sure. I just see the full back spot our biggest gap at the moment, Someone who can go toe to toe with the Hawkins & Clokes of the world. Durdin is a bit of a beanpole, I see him more as a CHB. I got a bit excited about McKay's size & I just assumed theyd be recruiting in some capacity for that full back position.

I'm sure they do know better than me for sure. I just see the full back spot our biggest gap at the moment, Someone who can go toe to toe with the Hawkins & Clokes of the world. Durdin is a bit of a beanpole, I see him more as a CHB. I got a bit excited about McKay's size & I just assumed theyd be recruiting in some capacity for that full back position.
We just signed that guy for 4 years, his name is Robbie Tarrant. Kept Cloke and Hawkins to 1 goal every time we played them last year.

Polo ruins the photo.

I’d only seen it on the other thread where it was the disembodied version from the online shop. Looks worse on an actual person. I actually like this player less now that I have seen him in it. God help me if I saw a player I already didn’t like in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d only seen it on the other thread where it was the disembodied version from the online shop. Looks worse on an actual person. I actually like this player less now that I have seen him in it. God help me if I saw a player I already didn’t like in it.

Sam Gibson wears Polo Shirt to family day.
Sam Gibson brutally assualted.
Defendant claims self defense - the shirt assualted my senses first.

This does seem to be the pic from 'left field'. Most of the reviews don't rate McKay anywhere near top 20. Let's hope this is one of those inspired choices that uncovers a superstar. I trust the club to get this right.
Emma rated him @18.
Cullam @24.
Brett @ 17.
Champion Data not in their 30 but never was Harry.

This guy shouldnt have been ours considering Hawthorn took our first draft pick.So happy we got him

Dont think this option has been discussed however it is possible he could develop into a R1 option down the track.

Has done some growing over the past months and at his age its possible this may continue.

If he can get to 202cms with his frame + aggression he could turn into a Mumford type ruck option with scope to rest forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back