Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Just another of our many list cloggers. Fact is other than delisting then and replacing with a 1st or second rounder theres not much to gain so we will always be carrying a few spare parts players such as black, daw, tippett, basti, gibbo,loose,curry and harps.

Only other option would to rookie them and elevate as required.

Just another of our many list cloggers. Fact is other than delisting then and replacing with a 1st or second rounder theres not much to gain so we will always be carrying a few spare parts players such as black, daw, tippett, basti, gibbo,loose,curry and harps.

Only other option would to rookie them and elevate as required.

It's just s**t that we're the only club in the comp that has to do this.

The kid can play........I think he may be a victim of Brads Method of coaching, (now before I get belted pillar to post) sometimes people just dont click, I think this is the situation with Harper. Maybe its best for both parties to let him go. But i wouldnt be surprised that he gets another chance elsewhere and does kick on.

The kid can play........I think he may be a victim of Brads Method of coaching, (now before I get belted pillar to post) sometimes people just dont click, I think this is the situation with Harper. Maybe its best for both parties to let him go. But i wouldnt be surprised that he gets another chance elsewhere and does kick on.
No arguments from me here.

He is the victim of not having a clue how to play football.

How do you play a sport and not be able to do the most basic thing and that's get the ball either by winning it yourself, receiving it from a team mate or winning a free kick?

His football IQ must be in the negatives.

The only thing keeping him on our list is the big list of departures to come over the next few years. Hope he comes back into how he was playing but I don't have a lot of hope for him.

What about the Werribee coach, does he not click with him?

Has nothing to do with Brad, he just can't find the pill.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is the victim of not having a clue how to play football.

How do you play a sport and not be able to do the most basic thing and that's get the ball either by winning it yourself, receiving it from a team mate or winning a free kick?

His football IQ must be in the negatives.

Thats unfair DR to the point you start to question our list manager ability to do his job. He has ability but unfortunately the club or coaches have failed to nurture his development. It can happen don't you think ?

On the basis of these questions I mentioned, one could argue the same with Brad McKenzie.

So what is it? Bad players = Our list management team
or
Our coaching team ?

How can a bloke lay 7 tackles (meaning he is at least getting near the ball) and yet get so little touches himself??????? if you lay a tackle you can at least get an easy handball jeeeeeeesus!

Could simply be a mindset thing, you tell a bloke he has to be defensive and the first thing that comes to mind is limiting your opposition and increasing tackling.

That means you lose that instinct to hunt and be offensive. The emphasis these days is on being so defensively minded as a forward with opposition rebound from half back a huge weapon in the big league.

Three years ago harps was just playing natural footy, he's now too programmed defensively to attack

Could simply be a mindset thing, you tell a bloke he has to be defensive and the first thing that comes to mind is limiting your opposition and increasing tackling.

That means you lose that instinct to hunt and be offensive. The emphasis these days is on being so defensively minded as a forward with opposition rebound from half back a huge weapon in the big league.

Three years ago harps was just playing natural footy, he's now too programmed defensively to attack

Yes.
Watched Harper in the Casey game. Seemed to be programmed to tackle as much as he can. As you said. He did try to play outside as well. But they didn't look for him on the outside. Maybe a VFL thing.
Also calling bulldust that we do not have our own VFL team. Heading towards Finals and
Wood could not play last week, and Wells + Garner can not play this week.
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NORTH!
WE NEED OUR OWN VFL TEAM.

Yes.
Watched Harper in the Casey game. Seemed to be programmed to tackle as much as he can. As you said. He did try to play outside as well. But they didn't look for him on the outside. Maybe a VFL thing.
Also calling bulldust that we do not have our own VFL team. Heading towards Finals and
Wood could not play last week, and Wells + Garner can not play this week.
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NORTH!
WE NEED OUR OWN VFL TEAM.
Doubt they would have played Garner (the kids needs a rest) and a North VFL team could have had the bye this week anyway.

But yes, you raise a valid point. It'd be so much easier for the players all playing in the one team with a similar game plan to North.

Doubt they would have played Garner (the kids needs a rest) and a North VFL team could have had the bye this week anyway.

But yes, you raise a valid point. It'd be so much easier for the players all playing in the one team with a similar game plan to North.

Sorry mate. But you lost me on that Garner needs a rest. Not sure why he would when hes missed so much footy and would want to play.
And its crazy for our reserves team to have a bye.
And yes you are right that I would be great for them to be playing the same game plan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back