Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry mate. But you lost me on that Garner needs a rest. Not sure why he would when hes missed so much footy and would want to play.
And its crazy for our reserves team to have a bye.
And yes you are right that I would be great for them to be playing the same game plan.
"Scott said omitted forward Taylor Garner would require a rest after being substituted out of last week's win over the Saints at three-quarter time.
"He's missed 18 months of footy prior to coming in and playing six games in a row for us … and I think the time's come for 'Garns' to freshen up," Scott said.
"He won't play at any level this week and we'll look to get him really well recovered and give him every opportunity to come up and play his best footy when he comes back into the side."

Can only take the club at their word re: Garner. And I'm guessing the bye probably has more to do with a flaw in the VFL fixture. Maybe they should look at leaving the last few round byes for team without AFL affiliates.

Yes.
Watched Harper in the Casey game. Seemed to be programmed to tackle as much as he can. As you said. He did try to play outside as well. But they didn't look for him on the outside. Maybe a VFL thing.
Also calling bulldust that we do not have our own VFL team. Heading towards Finals and
Wood could not play last week, and Wells + Garner can not play this week.
GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER NORTH!
WE NEED OUR OWN VFL TEAM.
Good to see people are starting to see we need our own VFL side make it happen Now and come 2017 we will be ready to go

Not having our own VFL team is Bulldust.
Putting all our development into our younger players and having someone else on the weekend coach them. What a load of Crap.
And BS saying Garner needs a rest, probably making room in the team for JMac.
Go Harps23.

We have about sixteen half back flankers.
With that kind of pace ? minus atley which it would free him up to not be so defensive. To me mullet isn't good enough and doesn't tackle. We know Harper tackles, could play on opppsitions small pacey fwds. The higher jmac plays up the ground the better he is, lmac is a born mid....

With that kind of pace ? minus atley which it would free him up to not be so defensive. To me mullet isn't good enough and doesn't tackle. We know Harper tackles, could play on opppsitions small pacey fwds. The higher jmac plays up the ground the better he is, lmac is a born mid....
What good is pace if you cant find the pill? At least the fish gets it.

Harps is reminding me of a guy I used to play basketball with. We toured the US in 1986 and during the pregame warmups he'd wow the local US crowds with his freakish tricks and dunking ability. Then the game would get underway and he'd be at the end of the bench, sometimes coming on in the final minute of a quarter here and there to allow a power forward to rest going into the break. He'd see little of the ball and when he had it he'd just pass it off, leaving us and the crowd thinking "why doesn't he pull some of those pregame moves, turn his defender around, blow right by him and tomahawk dunk in his face?"

So much ability, so little actual in game evidence to suggest it was anything more than unfulfilled potential.

C'mon Harps..........

Harps is reminding me of a guy I used to play basketball with. We toured the US in 1986 and during the pregame warmups he'd wow the local US crowds with his freakish tricks and dunking ability. Then the game would get underway and he'd be at the end of the bench, sometimes coming on in the final minute of a quarter here and there to allow a power forward to rest going into the break. He'd see little of the ball and when he had it he'd just pass it off, leaving us and the crowd thinking "why doesn't he pull some of those pregame moves, turn his defender around, blow right by him and tomahawk dunk in his face?"

So much ability, so little actual in game evidence to suggest it was anything more than unfulfilled potential.

C'mon Harps..........

Say hi to Brett Rainbow for me

(Log in to remove this ad.)

C'mon Harps..........
That's a funny story, because I was thinking Harps would be perfect for the football version of Harlem Globetrotters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back