Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Only because we prefer old, slow, unskilled, scrubbing hacks who will never take us above 6th.

6th is the nmfc promised land.... the keys to a 2-4 year contract extension.

I forgot soft.

You'd prefer a bloke who cannot find the ball?

Garner, Sugar these guys have gone past Harps.

Nahas kicked 7 in the VFL how close has Harps ever got to that?

Only because we prefer old, slow, unskilled, scrubbing hacks who will never take us above 6th.

I forgot soft.
You do realise we finished 4th just last year don't you? If my calculations are correct, finishing 4th beats 6th. I suppose Higgins is slow, Dal is unskilled, Harvey is done because he is too old, I could go on for days if you wish.

I forgot soft.

Not sure the way to improve the culture in the senior side is by rewarding underperforming VFL players.

I would have all 3.

Just give me tackles and pressure. Possession rate means jack s**t.

Garner kicked 2 great goals last week, the 2nd was crucial and should never be dropped, also his pressure resulted in at least 2 goals to other players.

Turner played 1 bad game, but was in the bests the week before against Bris. Shortsighted s**t decision by the MC.

Nahas plays for a different team to Harper at the lower level, so how can one judge? But 17 tackles would have got him a game at other clubs who value important s**t such as intent.

One is 22, the other is 29. I know who i'd be backing in. The one who is selfless and tackles, not the selfish smart ass who I almost guarantee does * all when we really need it.

Turner, Harper & Garner should all be in the team, rotating as sub each week.

Not some richmond semi fraud who plays for free kicks and often misses easy targets and can't stick a tackle.

One more topic ruined by Arjen playing AFL Manager 2010.

Never played a video game in my life.

Not sure the way to improve the culture in the senior side is by rewarding underperforming VFL players.

Of course not, much better to reward underperforming senior players.

You do realise we finished 4th just last year don't you? If my calculations are correct, finishing 4th beats 6th. I suppose Higgins is slow, Dal is unskilled, Harvey is done because he is too old, I could go on for days if you wish.

Are you able bodied?
Higgins and Dal are our only 2 good players.

Gimme a spell lol.

If he gets a recall lets see how he performs in the senior team. No use keeping a guy on the list who performs for 2 or 3 games a year in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would like to see him given a run against the Dogs, speed and pressure being the focus.

Turner, Garner and Harps all in run hard tackle hard mentality could rattle the Dogs gameplan big time.

Piss this pressure and tackling s**t off.

Get to the ball first, not second.

I'll take a 20 disposals 3 tackle game over a 6 disposal 10 tackle.

Tackling is not their issue, getting the ball is. That is what they need to work on.

Gimme a spell lol.

If he gets a recall lets see how he performs in the senior team. No use keeping a guy on the list who performs for 2 or 3 games a year in the VFL.

I understand your stance but two important things have occurred with Harps.

1. He admits it's the first time in two years he felt good with his body. He felt strong.

2. In the article, it says Gavin Brown sat down with Harps and told him to instigate. That's the key because Harps is not the smartest player so by initiating he's not sitting back and thinking/reacting.

Harper makes things happen and must be given every chance to succeed.

Would like to see him given a run against the Dogs, speed and pressure being the focus.

Turner, Garner and Harps all in run hard tackle hard mentality could rattle the Dogs gameplan big time.

One things for sure, if the pressure isn't brought for the rest of year we'll be beaten.

I understand your stance but two important things have occurred with Harps.

1. He admits it's the first time in two years he felt good with his body. He felt strong.

2. In the article, it says Gavin Brown sat down with Harps and told him to instigate. That's the key because Harps is not the smartest player so by initiating he's not sitting back and thinking/reacting.

Harper makes things happen and must be given every chance to succeed.

Like I said already, lets see how he performs if he gets a call up.

19 disposals 7 tackles? Jesus god damn holy moly wow boy oh boy I am gobsmacked.
Sign him to a buddy deal please.

Nah but seriously so good to see he got abit of it i dont care what people say I'd love to see the club persist with him for one more year.

19 disposals 7 tackles? Jesus god damn holy moly wow boy oh boy I am gobsmacked.
Sign him to a buddy deal please.

Nah but seriously so good to see he got abit of it i dont care what people say I'd love to see the club persist with him for one more year.

These type of efforts and combined with a shallow draft should see your wish granted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back