Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to North Melbourne- #23 Kieran Harper!

Harper.jpg

Height: 187cm
Weight: 80kg
DOB: 15/06/92
Club: Eastern Ranges (Vic)

Kevin Sheehan says: Very quick and skilful player with great goal sense. Can take a contested mark and impact a game. Vic Metro representative in 2010 AFL U18s, kicking seven goals including four against WA.
Code:
 Stats (aggregate for 2010 U18s National Championships)
 Games 	 K 	 H 	 D 	 M 	G     H/O
 5 	36 	19 	55 	10 	7 	0

In his own words
What type of player are you?

I'm a versatile player with good skills, an outside mid-forward that is reliable with the ball.

Which AFL player do you feel you resemble and why?
Robert Murphy - a lead-up forward with classy skills and finishes off his work, and good overhead.

What are your strengths as a footballer?
Athleticism, my pace and vertical leap. I'm also skilful.

What parts of your game would you like to improve?
Inside football, my aerobic base and my consistency.

Which AFL team do you support and how did you come to barrack for them?
Richmond - due to dad’s influence.

Who has been the biggest influence on your career so far, and why?
My dad and brother because the support and advice they have given me has really helped me though my footy.

[youtube]KWyzvJTUFWA[/youtube]​

Thanks to GR for the upload of the highlights.

Him and Sammy Wright really give our forward line the excitement/X-factor we have lacked. Will be brilliant to watch.

was apparently turning heads at training pre nab cup however he hasn't had much game time in the NAB games thus it is hard to gauge where he is really at but should get games near the end of the year

He's aligned to us at Werribee, so will definitely be keeping you all informed of his progress.

Reading this thread just makes me want to see him play.

KHarper_2010tackle_246a.jpg

Assigned to Kieran this year and as Ben stated he is aligned with Werribee.

He will line up for his first game this weekend vs Williamstown on Saturday night.

We wish him all the best. With my own football, I'm sure Ben will assist me with his progress down at the Tigers throughout the year.

Rd 3 2011 Werribee Tigers vs Collingwood

Bennys Carbs' write-up:
28.Harper- first game back from injury and got through unscathed, his kicking on both feet really impressed me. His work-rate as well especially in the one percenters was a highlight as well. Playing in the middle, he finished with 20 disposals, 3 marks, 5 tackles and a 1 spoil.

My clip:

[YOUTUBE]-EYa7WQwq_w[/YOUTUBE]

Clean user, loves to drive his man into the ground in a tackle, just looks to have that 'star quality' to his game.

Absolutely loved the explosiveness he provided at around 1:00, even though he sprayed thekick, he just has some real go about him. FINALLY SOME X-FACTOR!! wouldnt mind slotting in another simialar type this coming draft and having a side with a bit more of that class.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Recruited from Lilydale/Eastern Ranges, he debuts sporting the famous 23 jumper worn by arguably the greatest full back of all time.

The coach obviously has huge wraps on the kid:

Brad Scott says: He's got really explosive speed and can kick goals from outside 50. He kicked four goals for Victoria against WA in the championships.

He's a really explosive player and someone we hope can almost fulfill the role of Brent Harvey when he retires.

Here's looking to a long, distinguished and fruitful career.

Best wishes Keiran.

Re: Keiran Harper - 23

Recruited from Lilydale/Eastern Ranges, he debuts sporting the famous 23 jumper worn by arguably the greatest full back of all time.

And Shane Clayton.

Exciting prospect, really looking forward to watching his debut - good luck, Harpharpharp.

Call me mistyoptic but do I detect a similarity in style to a certain Scott Pendelbury?

Harps looks like he has nice awareness, decent pace, a lowish centre of gravity and an ability to sum up a situation quickly and deliver the pill. Hopefully that can translate to the AFL.

Call me mistyoptic but do I detect a similarity in style to a certain Scott Pendelbury?

Harps looks like he has nice awareness, decent pace, a lowish centre of gravity and an ability to sum up a situation quickly and deliver the pill. Hopefully that can translate to the AFL.

I concur with that - I was watching his you tube clips last night - Im rapt with this kid. Would have been nice to get Jack Darling to but cant have the best of both worlds.

I concur with that - I was watching his you tube clips last night - Im rapt with this kid. Would have been nice to get Jack Darling to but cant have the best of both worlds.

Harper looks pretty good eh?

Jack Darling is the type of player I'd have loved to have netted too. Strikes me as potential Shinboner and would've brought a bit of swagger too. Like the way he goes about it.

Harper looks pretty good eh?

Jack Darling is the type of player I'd have loved to have netted too. Strikes me as potential Shinboner and would've brought a bit of swagger too. Like the way he goes about it.
Blacky showed a bit of swagger in a few of his games last year. Seems a competitive and confident type. I hope he stays injury free this year and we see some of that at AFL level at some point in the near future.

Blacky showed a bit of swagger in a few of his games last year. Seems a competitive and confident type. I hope he stays injury free this year and we see some of that at AFL level at some point in the near future.

Darling strikes me as more Jonathon Brown/Carey in his demeanour but agree Black has a nice self-assuredness about him. Seems very comfortable in his natural footy smarts from the u18 footage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back