Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Boomer
Higgins
Thomas
Anderson
Garner
Turner
Nahas

he is behind 7 players for his natural spot

There was talk of turning him into a defender, where he'd be behind more.

He had a nice highlight reel and I thought that he would kick on but it just never happened.

Maybe he winds up a rookie, but the orverreaction in here is kinda funny, for a guy who played 3 games in 3 years.

Boomer
Higgins
Thomas
Anderson
Garner
Turner
Nahas

He had a nice highlight reel and I thought that he would kick on but it just never happened.

Maybe he winds up a rookie, but the orverreaction in here is kinda funny, for a guy who played 3 games in 3 years.

It's more that it's such a waste of talent.

What the heck happened to this bloke, was looking like being a star..... must be something mental going on there, his decline was strange.

It's more that it's such a waste of talent.
Is it though.

I mean in 2012 yeah sure this kid looked s**t hot.

2015 He averaged 12 possessions at VFL where he should be a cut above?

Had talent, got injured, and got lost along the way.

More power to him if he can a) get back on a list and b) get to a level of playing conisistent AFL games.

Is it though.

I mean in 2012 yeah sure this kid looked s**t hot.

2015 He averaged 12 possessions at VFL where he should be a cut above?

Had talent, got injured, and got lost along the way.

More power to him if he can a) get back on a list and b) get to a level of playing conisistent AFL games.

Seems as though the combination of injuries and mental hurdles have turned him to mush.

The dude can play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boomer
Higgins
Thomas
Anderson
Garner
Turner
Nahas

This 100%

Ok ok, but only because I feel bad...

I manufactured the Harper to Bulldogs story based purely on an intimate knowledge of who Kieran knocks about with. I fear his career is dusted.

Thanks for your service mate.

Those first two seasons were filled with good moments. Played some really good football, offensive flair and always offered plenty defensively, often out-doing some more seasoned performers in the tackling and pressure stakes.

The troublesome ankle surgeries affected 'the step'. The mental hurdles were always an issue from 2013 onwards, more than what was reported on here.

All the best for the future Kieran.

This is the blackest day of my BF career. Harps and Daw gone...

crying-gif-20.gif

This is the blackest day of my BF career. Harps and Daw gone...

crying-gif-20.gif

For me that day occurred in 2006 when final list changes were lodged.

I mean I knew it was coming but seeing it there in print just made it so like real.

Delisted: .. Mark Powell

Blackest day in sport imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back