Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Harper, who featured on the wing in the first half before drifting through the middle after the main break, continued his encouraging form with 18 disposals, 11 tackles, eight clearances and a goal.

11 tackles!!!!! No doubting he's having a crack......especially how important defensive pressure is these days with the ball going the other way. If he can produce that regularly and score 1.5 goals a game, he'll be donning the blue and white soon enough.
That is a bloody solid inside game. Good work.

I think the 8 clearances is almost more impressive than the 11 tackles. This is a bloke that has struggled to get his hands on the ball, often having around or even less than 8 touches for the entire game. It shows that he's actually getting to where the ball is which is incredibly encouraging in what is his second proper hitout. Lets all hope that he can build on this and be right in the mix by about round 5.

And off to the Woods he goes at the end of the season for more money and fame ala Levi gr$$nbuck$ after playing a stellar year.
:rolleyes:

And off to the Woods he goes at the end of the season for more money and fame ala Levi gr$$nbuck$ after playing a stellar year.
:rolleyes:

Harper has had one good hit out at VFL level.

He has taken one step.

Levi played pretty consistent VFL football for what 2 years?

If Harper can get up and run after this first step, and then left after being able to get pretty much no where near the ball at the lower a couple of years. I would rate that as worse than Gibson in terms of departure.

FWIW I want him to get up an run his way back into the seniors. I struggle to see it after having been so far away from it, but I'd love it if it happened. (I don't want him ot leave if it happens though)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you imagine Harps, Turner and LT roaming around the forward line!? :eek:

Trying not to get my hopes up, but it's hard not to. Come on Harps...

giphy.gif

I too would love to see harps make it back, was shattered when I read his name being linked to the dogs for cooney scandal...

Harper, who featured on the wing in the first half before drifting through the middle after the main break, continued his encouraging form with 18 disposals, 11 tackles, eight clearances and a goal.

11 tackles!!!!! No doubting he's having a crack......especially how important defensive pressure is these days with the ball going the other way. If he can produce that regularly and score 1.5 goals a game, he'll be donning the blue and white soon enough.

Anyone who doesn't 'like' this should be shot. :stern mother******* look

Has there ever been a player in his circumstance where so much good will is coming their way? Feel the force Luke positive vibes Kieran, feel the positive vibes. There is a choir of BF angels praying for you, willing you on to good fortune.

If when he makes it back, there will be trumpets, confetti and dancing girls in honour of his Lazarian (?!) comeback.

C'mon Kieran!!

So Harper has found some form in the VFL thats Great lets hope it continues and if he works his way into the 22 this year the Sky Is The Limit for North..

I feel like there is a need to temper some expectation here.

In 2013, Levi was in the bests 7 times in 2013 and barely cracked a game.

People are talking about Harps being a regular feature in the 22 based on the back of a VFL Practice match.

He has been an exciting player and clearly this captures the imagination, but there are some big leaps from where he is to where he needs to be.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back