Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

So Tigers having a sniff at Harper. Don't want any of their spuds. What is their second rounder?

If the rumours are correct and we intend to delist and rookie him, isn't there still a chance he could end up somewhere else?
I believe there is that risk, but they would have to pick up his contract. There also appears to have been an informal “gentlemen’s agreement” in recent years regarding players de-listed but flagged to be re- rookied.

I believe there is that risk, but they would have to pick up his contract. There also appears to have been an informal “gentlemen’s agreement” in recent years regarding players de-listed but flagged to be re- rookied.
I thought you weren't allowed to pick up new draftees after 2 years but that landscape has changed forever, the gentleman's agreement being abolished wont be too far behind ;)

Not saying I wanted Cooney if it meant losing Harper, but wouldn't our alleged offer of Harper + 36 be more appealing to the Doggies than just pick 37 from *?

Or did it come down to where Cooney wanted to go?

According to Dodo it came down to Cooney's relationship with the drug lord *hird.

Could be Harper's 'Steve-j' moment, or he could fade into obscurity.
I hope the former, as I've always wanted the kid to succeed.

After almost two years without an AFL game I don't think needing to "wake up" is an issue for Harper.

Totally agree with this. The suggestions that he has an attitude problem and the last couple of days will help snap him out of it are a long way wrong. I'm no doctor, but perhaps having recurring problems in both ankles has a little more to do with his troubles (and, likely, the Club's decision to offer him up). He's a ripping kid, so I'm glad we've still got him (as I type anyway) and that his recent surgery does the trick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought it doesn't? His current contract still applies but he'll sit on the rookie list.

If he's still contracted then no, it doesn't. I didn't bother checking the contracts megamegathreadofmegathreads first.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back