Past #23: Kieran Harper - delisted by the club (29/10) - will miss '16 VAFA season, surgery on ankle

Remove this Banner Ad

Club has backed him in rather than give away for a declining chump like Cooney.

That's good in hindsight.

Not every player develops as quick as the next. Now it's time to deliver.

With Adams going backwards, with less talented players getting games and potential injury concerns, if he is good enough he will get his opportunity. If. So lets see.

Feel bloody sorry for Harps going through all this while Cooney and his management played games.

Don't agree with that. If anything would stir a talented player (on $$ way above output) to actually do something, then this is it.

I think the club by dangling him has done the right thing. He deserves it (I don't buy all the injury excuses, he simply hasn't performed). And this is coming from someone who is willing to criticize our decisions but I won't in this instance.

The funny thing about Harps was i remember in the 2013 pre season it was all about midfield midfield midfield for him.

He looked out of it early in the nab cup, but then we played the cats down there, and i seem to remember him having over 20 touches and a goal.

All went downhill from there.
yeah, there was a lot of talk about him being the next boomer, and was a standout in the pre-season, and the players were talking him up. I went to the preseason game against the swans in blacktown, he played fwd flank, took a couple of big marks, and looked strong. Then played the first few games and didn't get a touch, and that was it. Really seemed something happened in his personal life to smash his confidence. Where there's life there's hope....cmon harps turn in around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Feel bloody sorry for Harps going through all this while Cooney and his management played games.

Look, it is all a cunning plan by North.

Harper or Jacobs will come good next year and North will get pick 25 and another club will give them their final cash cow contract.

Mark 'em up, sell 'em on and infiltrate the opposition into mediocrity by stealth.

We never wanted Cooney by the way either. We just wanted the * to overpay.

Cooney is our stealth Bomber.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back