Past Lachie Henderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Well you're just a little ray of sunshine.

Thankfully you aren't our list manager and SOS has a more positive outlook on continuing to breathe.

We should all be thankful I'm not our list manager. I have about as much experience at list managing as a boiled egg has at list managing. Deflated BKJ is deflated #boiledBKJ

Cats board puts henderson at low 20s re pick value. If geelong can orchestrate swap of picks with adelaide which sees crows upgrade their first rd pick, with cats coming out with their comp pick (around 14), could see that pick headed to carlton in return for henderson and prob your 3rd rd pick - this evens up overall 'points value', and in shallow draft, not huge impact to you (we simply need the pick given number of departures this year).

(Apologies if no opposition supporters welcome here - will depart if that's the case).

Cats board puts henderson at low 20s re pick value. If geelong can orchestrate swap of picks with adelaide which sees crows upgrade their first rd pick, with cats coming out with their comp pick (around 14), could see that pick headed to carlton in return for henderson and prob your 3rd rd pick - this evens up overall 'points value', and in shallow draft, not huge impact to you (we simply need the pick given number of departures this year).

(Apologies if no opposition supporters welcome here - will depart if that's the case).
If im not mistaken that would mean Geelong swapping pick 9 for Adelaides pick 13. I dont see in any way that 4 pick upgrade satisfying Adelaide. You'd have to give up next years 1st rounder which one would expect with Dangerfield on the Geelong payroll pushing out to a pick around pick 12-16 IMO. So, Dangerfield for an upgrade of 4 spots plus a late 1st rounder. I just dont see that happening. I think they are gonna want this years and next years 1st rounders from you. I believe Collingwoods offering that plus Seedsman. Either way your first picks gone I reckon and it aint coming to us.

Not too concerned tbh, as long as we have enough from it to give to Essendon for Carlisle amd thatd mean having a pick before St Kildas 2nd rounder. For mine, Hendo for Carlise is a good deal.

It's an interesting proposition, I'm unsure whether it'd satisfy Adelaide though.

I'm going to assume 'Cats board' is the BF board in which case .... ignore Hendos perceived value.

He has to agree to it so best bet is hoping to change his mind and go to another Melb team

Which I really think might be the Bulldogs.
They want a defender and we want a first round draft pick.
If Hendo goes there I really think it could be a win win for everyone involved.

If im not mistaken that would mean Geelong swapping pick 9 for Adelaides pick 13. I dont see in any way that 4 pick upgrade satisfying Adelaide. You'd have to give up next years 1st rounder which one would expect with Dangerfield on the Geelong payroll pushing out to a pick around pick 12-16 IMO. So, Dangerfield for an upgrade of 4 spots plus a late 1st rounder. I just dont see that happening. I think they are gonna want this years and next years 1st rounders from you. I believe Collingwoods offering that plus Seedsman. Either way your first picks gone I reckon and it aint coming to us.

Not too concerned tbh, as long as we have enough from it to give to Essendon for Carlisle amd thatd mean having a pick before St Kildas 2nd rounder. For mine, Hendo for Carlise is a good deal.

It's an interesting proposition, I'm unsure whether it'd satisfy Adelaide though.

it may satisfy Adelaide. If we are expected to be realists and take what we can get, so should the crows. This deal is better than FA Compo which is probably their real aim:

Adelaide
Gain: #9, #27
Lose Danger,

Geelong:
Gain: Danger,
Lose: #9, 27

If we suggest Danger is worth pick 4 (2034 points) then pick 9 & 27 are worth 2172 according to the AFL Draft Value Index.

Dangerfield is the best player looking to move this trade period. This does not make him Judd or Ablett. This is not an epoch defining trade.Pick 4 seems about right even slightly high.

All this crap about this year's and next years first picks as a starting point... gut reaction no science or real thought. They'll get the Cats first and second, no more.

I think that sound reasonable for Carlton, pick 14 in return for Henderson and a pick in the late 30's.
Not sure Adelaide will go for it though.
At least Geelong supporters are more realistic than those Richmond morons.

West Coast got pick 3 and Kennedy (pick 4) for Judd. You think Dangerfield wont be worth similar you are kidding yourself. I will be shocked if Adelaide settle for a pick swap of pick 13 to pick 9 plus Geelongs next year 1st rounder (mid-late teens) for Dangerield. Shocked. Thatd mean for Adelaide a slightly better chance at a good player with the upgrade, plus a player. People here are hoping then that Geelong then on trade pick 13 to us for Hendo. Its just not in the realms of possibility.

Dangerfield trade demands 2 first rounders outright which would be pick 9 this year plus mid-late teens pick in 2016. Straight up.

It sucks cas we want something for Hendo but aint happening unless Geelong construct another trade somewhere to come up with a late 1st rounder to give to us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West Coast got pick 3 and Kennedy (pick 4) for Judd. You think Dangerfield wont be worth similar you are kidding yourself. I will be shocked if Adelaide settle for a pick swap of pick 13 to pick 9 plus Geelongs next year 1st rounder (mid-late teens) for Dangerield. Shocked. Thatd mean for Adelaide a slightly better chance at a good player with the upgrade, plus a player. People here are hoping then that Geelong then on trade pick 13 to us for Hendo. Its just not in the realms of possibility.

Dangerfield trade demands 2 first rounders outright which would be pick 9 this year plus mid-late teens pick in 2016. Straight up.

It sucks cas we want something for Hendo but aint happening unless Geelong construct another trade somewhere to come up with a late 1st rounder to give to us.

The biggest change to come out of this is that gun players will be looking to time their contract expiry dates with the Unrestricted FA cut-off, to allow for maximum flexibility.

If Danger had added one more year to his contract at Adelaide, he'd be there next year but would then have complete control over where he went afterwards.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/luke-mcpharlin-retires-after-256-games-with-fremantle-hawthorn/story-fndv8h5w-1227550597927

Looks like the Dockers are in the market for a KP defender so if the Cats can't or won't pony up, we should be asking the question over west !!

Logically, Henderson would be a good fit for them as they are still in the premiership window for the next year or two. This may be a good carrot for Henderson too, the chance to play finals and possibly a GF is not something a player should just dismiss in a fleeting manner.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/luke-mcpharlin-retires-after-256-games-with-fremantle-hawthorn/story-fndv8h5w-1227550597927

Looks like the Dockers are in the market for a KP defender so if the Cats can't or won't pony up, we should be asking the question over west !!

Logically, Henderson would be a good fit for them as they are still in the premiership window for the next year or two. This may be a good carrot for Henderson too, the chance to play finals and possibly a GF is not something a player should just dismiss in a fleeting manner.
Don't think he'll go. He's got to be close to mum ... not more than a tricycle ride away

Actually IMHO - pick 9 plus Geelong's 1st round pick (2016) will be what Adelaide would be looking for. Not sure they would be satisfied with an upgrade of round 1 pick. They would want to keep their pick 14.

cant see Crows settling for a pick swap. they would be better off with the compo.

Why would a strong side like the cats, who need a kpp, be trading for said kpp that is only worth a low 20's pick. That seems like a stop gap measure for them. Unless he is worth a lot more

Why would a strong side like the cats, who need a kpp, be trading for said kpp that is only worth a low 20's pick. That seems like a stop gap measure for them. Unless he is worth a lot more

Because of value. There is a salary cap to manage, and apparently we're interested in someone from adelaide that doesn't come cheap.

If he was about to be dripped from carlton anyway, do you really think he's actually worth any more?

Because of value. There is a salary cap to manage, and apparently we're interested in someone from adelaide that doesn't come cheap.

If he was about to be dripped from carlton anyway, do you really think he's actually worth any more?

He mentally checked out once he knew he was leaving. He spoke to you guys during the season. It's not a case of not being good enough and you guys wouldn't have approached him early if form was a concern.

absolutely. people have short memories

Remove this Banner Ad

Back