Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

so keeping guys the club doesn't rate on the list is good management. Holy moly.

Once you look to offload someone there is no reason why you should be keeping them. You've already determined they are not capable of cutting it.

The is EFC to a tee. Sitting on the fence too long and not ruthless enough.

I rate the kid so I hope they give him another injury free pre season to see if he can make it. I'd rather give him another year then have an old timer like Stanton running around.
I'd much rather some of the guys get 1 year deals than commit 2 year deals to the leavings of a shallow draft, taking multiple players after everyone else has already gone home.

Would seem a bit harsh to give a bloke 1 year after a reco and then see ya later. It's rare that players get back too 100% in the first year back.
EFC have form here with Prismall. IIRC have given both players 1 year contracts post ACL reconstruction. I would have thought 2 or none, but we wait and see which way they go now I guess.

Delisted.

A little perplexing as to why him over Kav & Hams.

But then you remember, Essendon and it's actually not that surprising.
How come nobody pesters you for tomato?

:(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah they play the exact same role and are the exact style of player.
Actually, they pretty much did at the start of the year.

The two aren’t the slightest bit comparable.

Your best form being AFL standard is a pretty major prerequisite. Browne doesn’t even qualify.
He hasn't had the chance. He's given it a fair shake though.

I fail to see how Dempsey's best form over the last couple of years qualifies as AFL standard.

I like Browne, but unfortunately he hasn't (for some good reasons) been able to put it together. Feel sorry for him but it's probably the right call.

Be shocked if Hams stays.

He hasn't had the chance. He's given it a fair shake though.

I fail to see how Dempsey's best form over the last couple of years qualifies as AFL standard.

Meh, Browne was a low draft pick so not highly rated to begin with and showed nothing in 2011 – 2013 to suggest that rating was incorrect. He’s just not AFL standard and if he is, there’s 17 other clubs who will prove us wrong. I’m tipping they won’t.

Agree on Demps but performances get you credits in the bank. There’s no doubt Dempsey has produced pieces of great football in the past hence he’s been given a last one-year chance.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back