Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Until Dalgleish shows sustained form, he can bide his time. Browne deserves an opportunity, has played half back before, and can easily do it again.

Having said that, if Browne is introduced to the midfield rotations and starts on the bench, that'd be fine by me as well. He also provides good cover should one of our medium defenders go down.

If you didn't gather, I really want him to get his chance. I'm starting to approach fan-boi status and I've only seen him play in the flesh once, otherwise it's been all on TV pre-knee injury.

Browne should play, no doubt.

They owe Dalgleish an opportunity, though. He should have been playing round 1 and has been struggling with his body since picking up an injury in the VFL (in round 1).

He was one of our best in the VFL on the weekend. If he can't get a game ahead of someone who played in the 110 smashing loss to Stkilda then I think we should all give up!

He won't be dropped the following week, he'll come in, and get a good run at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been hearing about this bloke for years from the VFL watchers. Really excited to see if he can produce the goods at AFL level. Hope he takes his chance and never looks back.

Excellent news. Good luck to him.

Still remember that goal he kicked in Adelaide a couple of years ago. It floated and floated and somehow went through. Only good thing I've seen him do. Injuries have been so cruel.

I may just implode if he is named sub. Having a look at the bench (yes I know anyone can be the sub but we've generally chosen the sub from our bench), the likely candidates look to be either NOB or Browne............

I may just implode if he is named sub. Having a look at the bench (yes I know anyone can be the sub but we've generally chosen the sub from our bench), the likely candidates look to be either NOB or Browne............

If Browne is named sub over NOB my TV may become accidently on purposely broken.

If Browne is named sub over NOB my TV may become accidently on purposely broken.

I'm willing to jump the fence and...

tumblr_lyokt9MCkD1qdku5lo1_500.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back