Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

He's definitely one to keep and develop ..and who the hell would want to trade for him anyway?

His highlights tape would only go for 90 secs.

Just get rid of him, we have to be ruthless. Enough of keeping these unknown/deadwood players. It needs to change, starting this pre-season

Just get rid of him, we have to be ruthless. Enough of keeping these unknown/deadwood players. It needs to change, starting this pre-season
Okay. 7 list changes already. You have a choice of 3 players MAX to delist out of:

O'Brien, Dempsey, Pears, Browne, Steinberg, Kavanagh, Hams

Who gets cut?

Okay. 7 list changes already. You have a choice of 3 players MAX to delist out of:

Who gets cut?
Hams, Pears and Browne. I think we've persisted long enough with the latter 2, regardless of their injuries.

O'Brien deserves another season after some of his showings this season. Dempsey is handy and has run off half back and in the forward flanks. Steinberg has his limitations but he does have good hands and has shown that with some of his intercept marking. Kavanagh, I'll give one more season to prove himself under Worsfold's guidance.

I can only remember Browne having one good game this season where he kicked that nice goal. Pears should really have been delisted a season or 2 ago. Hams, i don't know much about but he lacks size and pace to make it.

Hams, Pears and Browne. I think we've persisted long enough with the latter 2, regardless of their injuries.

O'Brien deserves another season after some of his showings this season. Dempsey is handy and has run off half back and in the forward flanks. Steinberg has his limitations but he does have good hands and has shown that with some of his intercept marking. Kavanagh, I'll give one more season to prove himself under Worsfold's guidance.

I can only remember Browne having one good game this season where he kicked that nice goal. Pears should really have been delisted a season or 2 ago. Hams, i don't know much about but he lacks size and pace to make it.
Okay. Counter argument:

Steinberg HAS to be promoted this season, and has shown to be a poor AFL player with little transferable skills in from VFL to AFL level, unlike Pears. Why keep him?
Hams I agree with, simply too small.
Browne has shown far more at VFL level than Kavanagh, and Dempsey has shown that he's gone past it. Browne has some serious talent. I wasn't sure whether he'd make it this time last year but I'm much more confident he will now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay. Counter argument:

Steinberg HAS to be promoted this season, and has shown to be a poor AFL player with little transferable skills in from VFL to AFL level, unlike Pears. Why keep him?
Browne has shown far more at VFL level than Kavanagh, and Dempsey has shown that he's gone past it. Browne has some serious talent. I wasn't sure whether he'd make it this time last year but I'm much more confident he will now.
They don't really need him, but I can totally see Browne being the kind of canny pick-up Sydney tend to make in the RD / late ND. Wonder if anyone take him.

They don't really need him, but I can totally see Browne being the kind of canny pick-up Sydney tend to make in the RD / late ND. Wonder if anyone take him.
Actually Browne would be a fantastic pick up for Sydney. They've lost basically all their HBFers.

Would seem a bit harsh to give a bloke 1 year after a reco and then see ya later. It's rare that players get back too 100% in the first year back.

Okay. Counter argument:

Pears was promising before his injuries. If i had a choice on who to keep/promote to the senior list, it would be Steinberg. Steinberg showed a bit more than Pears' 2 games this year. Dempsey has had an extended holiday during the off season the past couple of years. I believe he can be a useful player if he starts this pre-season properly under JW. I agree there is talent there in Browne but imo he's had enough time. Pears and Browne are the players we clinged on to season after season, without much return. Anyway, this is my 2 cents

Pears was promising before his injuries. If i had a choice on who to keep/promote to the senior list, it would be Steinberg. Steinberg showed a bit more than Pears' 2 games this year. Dempsey has had an extended holiday during the off season the past couple of years. I believe he can be a useful player if he starts this pre-season properly under JW. I agree there is talent there in Browne but imo he's had enough time. Pears and Browne are the players we clinged on to season after season, without much return. Anyway, this is my 2 cents
Eh. Fair enough. I just see Steinberg and O'Brien/Dempsey as players that I'd delist ahead of them.

Who gets cut?
Hams Stein, kav.
Hams who the duck knows?
Stein I never ever want to see out there again.
Kav, just meh.

I like pears.
Dempsey had the potential to get back to his best.
Nob did enough this season to earn a doubtful extra year.
Browne may actually be a player

Hams Stein, kav.
Hams who the duck knows?
Stein I never ever want to see out there again.
Kav, just meh.

I like pears.
Dempsey had the potential to get back to his best.
Nob did enough this season to earn a doubtful extra year.
Browne may actually be a player
I agree with these..
I think NOB and Browne have shown a bit more than Stein, Hams and Kav
The experience of Dempsey will be needed next year, if hes played forward can maybe pop a few more goals in for us.
Pears can be used as a 3rd tall which we will need to keep in the loss of Carlisle. Could swap with Gwilt to keep both fresh throughout the year.

So Dodoro says he stays based on who we trade in? WTF. Braindead list management.

You either rate the kid as a player and keep him or you don't and move him on. What happens around that should have no bearing on whether he stays on the list.

So Dodoro says he stays based on who we trade in? WTF. Braindead list management.

You either rate the kid as a player and keep him or you don't and move him on. What happens around that should have no bearing on whether he stays on the list.
Actually, what you're suggesting is braindead list management.

If you cut 10, but bring in one less player than you expected, keep him. Why? Because too many changes in one off-season can be and is seen as brain dead list management. It's obvious it's a line ball decision and bringing in somebody the rate higher (let's say Anderson) they delist him. If not, leave him in the squad.

If you cut 10, but bring in one less player than you expected, keep him. Why? Because too many changes in one off-season can be and is seen as brain dead list management. It's obvious it's a line ball decision and bringing in somebody the rate higher (let's say Anderson) they delist him. If not, leave him in the squad.

so keeping guys the club doesn't rate on the list is good management. Holy moly.

Once you look to offload someone there is no reason why you should be keeping them. You've already determined they are not capable of cutting it.

The is EFC to a tee. Sitting on the fence too long and not ruthless enough.

I rate the kid so I hope they give him another injury free pre season to see if he can make it. I'd rather give him another year then have an old timer like Stanton running around.

I'm not so sure. You either rate him and want to play him or you dont.

EFC is rudderless. We base everything on development and aren't pragmatic enough to evolve the team.

Either Browne is a big, aggressive hard running player with good disposal who is going to be give a run at a best 22 spot or he is gone.

We dont make enough decisions. It's all too reactive and devoid of strategy at the moment.

I want him in the team but he is one of the unlucky ones who will feel the brunt of the club respondinf to the incompetence of those that went before him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back