Delisted #24: Alex Browne - Now at Northern Blues - Retired from footy - 2/5

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah comparing Dempsey and Browne like chalk and cheese....

Browne managed just 11 AFL games in his career, averaged 10.6 disposals, I don't think has ever been in the best players for any game
Dempsey has played 119 games, averaging 16 disposals a game and has many times been amongst our best players.

Chalk and cheese....

Browne managed just 11 AFL games in his career, averaged 10.6 disposals, I don't think has ever been in the best players for any game
Dempsey has played 119 games, averaging 16 disposals a game and has many times been amongst our best players.

Chalk and cheese....
Has been sub affected 3 of the past 4 times he's played at the very least.

Has been sub affected 3 of the past 4 times he's played at the very least.
Coz he was junk.

Unsighted junk at AFL level so we held hope.

But junk none the less.

Chalk and cheese....
Lolllllll

I understand the argument that he didn't really provide much output over a long duration.

But why him over a player like Kav or Hams? They've shown nothing at AFL level imo.

Alex has at least shown glimpses. Baffling.

Browne was the best performed young mid in the VFL this year as well IMO. Averaged 20 disposals and more than a goal every 2 games, not to mention being best on in a final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Hams is still away on leave or something and they want to wait for the players to get back to deliver the news face to face. Alternatively maybe they're looking for something in players that won't show up in stats so much, like attitude.

Looking at it clearly it's the right call, you can't refresh a list by keeping 5 year players who have shown little. Yeh he might have made it, but again he may not have. To me that spells dispensible, didn't make himself uncuttable. Same goes for the other three with decisions pending.

Well he's failed down back and failed in the middle so we may as well go for the trifecta.

The logic behind the decision if we are looking at Demps and not Browne is that Dempsey's form is mostly down to attitude. Under a new coach, a new system he may show he can turn it around.

Browne, may have shown the effort but he hasn't shown "enough" ability.

Its tough but its the right call if we want to go somewhere as a team these are the types of calls that need to be made. Now if Hams and Kav somehow hang around, that blows this theory out of the water but Worsfold is a fan of Demps so he was probably going to be given one more chance.

The logic behind the decision if we are looking at Demps and not Browne is that Dempsey's form is mostly down to attitude. Under a new coach, a new system he may show he can turn it around.
Sheeds, Knights, Hird, Thompson, Egan.

New coach is definitely the solution.

Sheeds, Knights, Hird, Thompson, Egan.

New coach is definitely the solution.

I'm just saying if its attitude you can change that (though of course there comes a time to cut your losses), but if your lacking ability well there is no point.

I'm not saying they have made the right call, but I can see the logic behind it.

Have Browne/Hams/Kavanagh in the same group - Though I'd delist Hams and Kavanagh before Browne - This means that we will use pick 57 in the ND - Delist one more and we'll go to pick 77.

Browne is a chance to be selected as a RFA.

Ahh yes, the time is almost upon us.

Soon we will have de-listed every player on the list but who was not served with an infraction notice without ever having given any of them a decent shot at a career. By the end of next year we will have cleaned out almost all of the 2012 crop depsite there being a mantra somewhere that we are about development of our own.

If I can get a couple of email addresses I'll be feeding the ideas to whichever Essendon bashing a-hole in the media will listen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back