Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
about an hour ago
Jay Clark has reported on 1116 SEN that Levi Greenwood to Collingwood is a "done deal". The Pies will hand over pick 25, which they will receive off Brisbane in the deal for Dayne Beams, whilst a swap of later picks is also on the cards.

25 & a swap of picks hopefully 36 & 30 then we would have close to value as most have requested all along.
I would trust Bryce & co in getting one of 25 or 30 to be a 100+ game player

nelroo

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2004
AFL Club
North Melbourne
about an hour ago
Jay Clark has reported on 1116 SEN that Levi Greenwood to Collingwood is a "done deal". The Pies will hand over pick 25, which they will receive off Brisbane in the deal for Dayne Beams, whilst a swap of later picks is also on the cards.

25 & a swap of picks hopefully 36 & 30 then we would have close to value as most have requested all along.
Dont think the pies will have pick 30..more likely swap of picks 48 and 56 but thats me thinking negatively !

Roobound

Club Legend
North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Aug 16, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Dont think the pies will have pick 30..more likely swap of picks 48 and 56 but thats me thinking negatively !

To be truthful l haven't bothered keeping up with the speculative picks.
The delays at trade time does my head in & l'm keener just to discuss who we are going to get at the draft, can't wait for this to be done & dusted.

The swap of latter draft picks isn't promising, something in the third round at best, should have known we'll get stiffed on this deal, pies make off like bandits.

royals1922

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts RIP
Sep 19, 2006
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Rotor Volgograd, The Exers
The swap of latter draft picks isn't promising, something in the third round at best, should have known we'll get stiffed on this deal, pies make off like bandits.
Make Greenwood wait. Even if we accept 25, unless we have a further trade in mind, make him sweat.

R00StaR

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2003
Asgard
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
about an hour ago

25 and 30 for Greenwood and 56 would be ideal if we're talking later pick swaps. More like 30 and 36 tho

GarnerSmash

They tried to make me go to rehab
10k Posts Ex-Moderator North Melbourne - 2015 Daw & MacMillan Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2014 Daw, Black, Gibson Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor
Jun 2, 2009
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Greenwood being uncontracted gives the Pies hand in negotiations. Our only leverage is the PSD, which is cutting off ones nose territory, and the Pies know that. ******* sucks.

Make Greenwood wait. Even if we accept 25, unless we have a further trade in mind, make him sweat.
Agree with that. Using Gordon's words, we don't have to "indulge" him and most importantly Collingwood straight away. Make them swap third round picks, do something, but don't make it easy for them.

Greenwood being uncontracted gives the Pies hand in negotiations. Our only leverage is the PSD, which is cutting off ones nose territory, and the Pies know that. ******* sucks.
True, but there is no need to bend over today. We can ask for some third round pick swap with our 4th rounder, for example. If they say no, make them sweat for another 2 days.

buttsauce

Club Legend
Feb 18, 2011
Inverloch
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Celtics, Vikings
If Geelong only got 21 for christensen, then nothing wrong with 25 for greenwood

Teams still over rate draft picks something shocking. Should always be bird in the hand mentality.

Mar 16, 2001
Melbourne VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wales, Eastwood, West Ham
True, but there is no need to bend over today. We can ask for some third round pick swap with our 4th rounder, for example. If they say no, make them sweat for another 2 days.

Look, you know how I feel about taking the pick and getting on with it. But once Beams goes, Collingwood is desperate for good news - and contract for Levi or not, the pressure isn't all one way this week. Making them sweat is fine.

If Geelong only got 21 for christensen, then nothing wrong with 25 for greenwood

Teams still over rate draft picks something shocking. Should always be bird in the hand mentality.
Yep - depends whether you are buying or selling. Still, Levi has been well developed and rated the second best player at the club in 2014. Pick 25 is just underwhelming to me.

HELLSBELLS

Club Legend
Jun 18, 2007
VIC
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bayern Munich
Take pick 25 and let him take his piss poor disposal to Collingwood. Might be hard at it and get the pill but kicks it like my 2 year old. Am over hearing about him. Doesnt wanna be there fine. Go. Join Figjam and co and enjoy the bottom 10....

Shagga is all Class

Premiership Player
May 15, 2005
Beneath the Blue and White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC
Yep - depends whether you are buying or selling. Still, Levi has been well developed and rated the second best player at the club in 2014. Pick 25 is just underwhelming to me.

And Nick Dal Santo was let go for the exact same pick. And Higgins let go for a similar one.

Annoyed that Greenwood has chosen $ in the end and he has really benefited from holding out and performing for dollars.

Still we have $350K or so to get a Cooney or whatever or hold back/prepay for next year.

We needed more outside run.

Inside we will possibly throw Ziebell back in or Jacobs to a more natural position. And Dumont from what I have seen from VFL highlights can get it and his leg can be a bit of a weapon.

Kimbo

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts
Dec 14, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Sturt, Liverpool
"The [Boyd] offer is also consistent with the Bulldogs philosophy during this trade period.

The club has been aggressive, making big money offers to Geelong full back Tom Lonergan and North Melbourne midfielder Levi Greenwood.

Both players were offered at least $500,000 a year in multi-season deals that stunned most observers and were impossible for their clubs to even contemplate matching."

From the AFL site.

Floated on the Hun live chat that Levi has decided to stay. Anyone know anything about this? The same rumour was floated yesterday.

If it is true I am claiming it with my #stayarooLevi campaign.

If he goes I am going to start a #you'redeadtomeLevi Twitter campaign.

Back