Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

u can read the vfl reports each week during the season
a lot of posters put their thoughts up about the players :thumbsu:

He would definitely make a good replacement for Pratt in my opinion, speaking with a few Roos supporters at the Leveson yesterday they reckon Daniel's injury could worse than first thought.

The problem for us would be that right now he has zero trade value. Normaly we'd just keep him for one more year to see how he progresses, but if he wants to leave, he can just walk at the end of the season and one of the SA sides can just pick him with up a late pick.

That doesn't surprise me at all.

Watched him closely this year at both Senior and VFL level and at times his body language has suggested he'd rather be elsewhere. Think his confidence would have taken a hit after the Collingwood & Brisbane games.

good riddance. overated by all of you people. If he wants to go home then fine, that easily clears one spot off the list.

That 2007 draft is shaping up really well.

Scott Thompson is doing okay. Josh Smith has a lot of potential.

Robbie Tarrant, Levi Greenwood (if rumours are true), and Blake Grima...

If one out of those three becomes a regular player for us, i'll be ecstatic.

Grima is already gone. Tarrant has the shoulders of a grandma. Looks like we're relying on Greenwood.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he wants to go, let him.

He would not get a game for the crows and probably not the power.

He is the sort of guy that needs to be 110% committed and prepared to work harder than the next bloke, the rumours I hear dont neccessarily support him doing this.

I would play him until seasons end having said that. He does show a bit, but my query would be if he has the pace and awareness to play consistent footy at the level.

We need to see if He, Riggio, Adams can actually play. You will only see this by giving them 10 games.

No point playing Power,Rawlings,Jones or Harro. They wont be part of our next flag and probably wont be on the list with a new coach.

Not sure what his running capacity is like but I reckon he is a better player hunting the footy rather than doing a tag or defending role off half back.

I can't see him cracking into the side of either Port or Crows.

Of all the younger players we blooded the last couple of years, he has probably been the least impressive.

From what Ive heard Ben Warren was homesick until CJ started mentoring him and he got some confidence....Glad he stuck around......Lets assume that Greenwood like any kid misses his folks but once he gets a regular show that will change......he hasnt played long enough for us to dismiss him as being expendable...we should work hard to keep him....

I can't believe people on here are saying that he is expendible. Get rid of him for nothing?! He is 20 years old for god sake, he has played 3-4 games and is only in his second year at the club. He has a huge upside, and given time in the seniors he will develop further.

Yeah, did I miss something ?

(Insert reference to any number of quality footballers who didn't show a lot in their first few games.)

FFS. He's played three games. Three. I swear it's like 'Premature Adjudication Hour' around here sometimes. Show some faith in the kid.

And get some nasal spray.

Hopefully this is just a case of scottywiper listening to too much Wham again.

I can't believe people on here are saying that he is expendible. Get rid of him for nothing?! He is 20 years old for god sake, he has played 3-4 games and is only in his second year at the club. He has a huge upside, and given time in the seniors he will develop further.

Who said we are cutting him loose? If he wants to get to SA he would have to risk PSD or opt to trade.

Not saying he is no good, just haven't been as impressed as I was with the other young boys.

Who said we are cutting him loose? If he wants to get to SA he would have to risk PSD or opt to trade.

Not saying he is no good, just haven't been as impressed as I was with the other young boys.
You're assuming he is contracted. If he is out of contract he can leave for nothing and head into the ND as well. This will be the end of his second season, so I will bet large amounts of money he is coming off contract.

You're assuming he is contracted. If he is out of contract he can leave for nothing and head into the ND as well. This will be the end of his second season, so I will bet large amounts of money he is coming off contract.

Yeah draftees sign 2 year contracts so this would be his last year.

Yeah, did I miss something ?

(Insert reference to any number of quality footballers who didn't show a lot in their first few games.)

FFS. He's played three games. Three. I swear it's like 'Premature Adjudication Hour' around here sometimes. Show some faith in the kid.

And get some nasal spray.

Hopefully this is just a case of scottywiper listening to too much Wham again.

Absolutely.

Except for the bit about SW. For once I know he is close to the Marky Mark.

Absolutely.

Except for the bit about SW. For once I know he is close to the Marky Mark.

Yeah, may even be a family connection involved there. To give swiper credit, his mail on the New Kids is normally spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back