Past Mark Whiley

Carlton Blues sign GWS Giants pair

The two young Giants and pick 19 were yesterday confirmed to Carlton, with the Giants receiving the Blues’ pick 7.

“My phone is pretty shonky, especially when you are going through airports,” Whiley said. “That’s why it sort of took longer than it was meant to.

“I just waited until I came back to Australia to make a decision. I’m rapt to be at Carlton now and can’t wait to get into it.”

Carlton Blues sign GWS Giants pair

B0DQne8CUAAejxO.jpg:large

Carlton Watch: Practice Match 3

Mark Whiley (20 disposals, four marks, two tackles)

Webster: "It was his first game back. I thought he worked hard through the midfield all day. He tried to provide with us some run and gave us a lot of grunt in and around the contests."

Carlton Watch: Practice Match 3

Good to see he's back out on the park.

Plenty of people calling for him to get the call up to senior level already but I'm not on that bandwagon just yet.

He's had an injury interrupted preseason campaign and needs to work his way back from that. For mine he needs a few more weeks at least at VFL level before we can consider him for senior selection.

He'll likely feature in Navy Blue throughout 2015 but we just can't afford to bring someone in if they're not ready.

Back