Review Past Player Matt Rosa (2005 - 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt's stats from the GWS dismantling. Would love to see some more scoreboard pressure from him!

K 7​
HB 10​
D 17​
M 5​
HO 0​
FF 0​
FA 1​
T 2​
G 0​

B 1

Matt was subbed out at 3 qtr time during the derby due to illnes. It was a telling loss as his run had been important in keeping the Eagles in the game up until that point.

Solid game from Rosa for the Royals. Really feel his injury problems during the pre-season has hampered his ability to get the best out of himself this season.

'Forward Brad Dick had 14 possessions, six marks and three goals in a solid display for East Fremantle, while Cale Morton and Matt Rosa were key contributors for East Perth.

Rosa accumulated 22 possessions and laid six tackles, while Morton had 17 touches on a wing, took six marks and also finished his game off with three goals.'

Great game by Rosa on the weekend for the Royals, really pushing for selection for the final few games of the season.

'In the same game, Rosa and Morton were also prominent. Rosa accumulated 33 possessions, largely on a wing, but also spent time in the middle'

Unfortunately for Rosa this was a year to forget. After suffering compartment syndrome 6 weeks out from the start of the season he was never able to fully regain peak fitness in 2013. The interrupted season robbed Matt of his greatest asset, elite endurance.

Hopefully 2014 he is able to get a full pre-season in and can stay fit and healthy for the majority of the year. With a new coach I'm sure he'll be keen to stamp his claim on a position in the team.

All the best Matty! It has been great sponsoring you. :thumbsu:

From the Bigfooty WCE Player of the Year thread;

20th. Matt Rosa

290499.jpg

Games: 11
Goals: 1
Votes: 84
Weighted average: 4.72
Best match: Rd 22 vs Collingwood – 4.27
BOG performances: Rd 22 vs Collingwood

A stop-start season for the veteran wingman, who suffered a quad injury during the pre-season and missed more than a month of footy. After a few games with East Perth, he forced his way into the side for the round 7 match in Brisbane and acquitted himself well with 22 touches and a goal. After missing a stretch of games with a back injury, he returned to the side and was the Eagles’ best in the big loss to Collingwood.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Totally forgot i was a player sponsor...

Anyways, Matt's looked pretty good this off-season and is a likely starter for round 1 at either half back or on the wing. Lots of competition for spots and will need to be playing well to keep Hutchings,Sheed and Sheppard out of the team.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Great start to the year for Matty against the dogs. Linked up well through the midfield and played his best game for a long time.

Finished the game with 34 disposals(10 contested),5 clearances, a couple tackles and a goal.

Should pick up 1 or 2 Brownlow votes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Not as good in Round 3 but still played a good game against the Saints.

Went to Montagna in the 2nd half, shut down his run and picked up a few touches himself

Finished with 20 Touches,4 tackles and 3 Inside 50's and picked up 1 Coaches vote in the AFLCA award(currently equal 12th)

Clint Beastwood

Club Legend
Jan 29, 2011
UWA Tav & Margaret River
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
So as far as I know, Rosa is un-contracted going inte next year. He's been one of our best, if not our best, this year. Has anyone heard anything regarding him wanting to stay around or go? He could leave via free agency but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting him to stay.

Oct 29, 2007
Perth Western Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
So as far as I know, Rosa is un-contracted going inte next year. He's been one of our best, if not our best, this year. Has anyone heard anything regarding him wanting to stay around or go? He could leave via free agency but I'm sure I'm not alone in wanting him to stay.

He did say he is willing to talk about contract if it came up.

WCEbrody

Premiership Player
May 17, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea,Chicago Bulls
Probably our only consistent Midfielder this year and would probably be top 3 in the B&F With Macca and The King.

Great start to the year for Matty.

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
I welcome everyone to the Matt Rosa thread for (mainly) 2015. Permitting that silly things like work and uni can stay out of my way for long enough, this will be the go to thread for all your Matt Rosa statistics and info for season 2015. Lets hope it's a good one for all involved with the club (but mainly Rosa).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back