Past #24: Sam Durdin - delisted after 21 NM games/1 NM goal - thanks Durds (drafted by Carlton in '22 MSD)

Remove this Banner Ad

well spoken kid, sick of hearing players go hard out with "ummm" and "you know"!!! :mad:

Moves pretty well for a 198cm guy!! hopefully we'll see what he can do during prac games.

Question Kangaroos fans;

Do you think Kangaroos should of stuck with plan of recruiting outside pace and run instead of KPP. Feel North are ok with KPP but outside run considering Harvey & Wells might be retired soon was needed

Do you think maybe say Blaine Boekhorst, mature age player with pace and run could of been handy for 16? If Boekhorst taken think Blues def would of got Laverde
Next year's draft is a midfield draft by all reports. If the right players were there at the right picks - club done the right thing.

423560-c373cdb2-79ca-11e4-a0f0-f6e11a4d80ae.jpg

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...-from-country-sa/story-fni5f986-1227142423638

They've spotted Zondor ascending the Tender Touch stairs in the distance in his mankini holding his kick start clash dildo and Vickers-Willis is muttering "welcome to the big smoke boys".

There a lot of fallacies that opposition supporters continue to trot out about North, ie cash-strapped, no star players, rely to heavily on older players, but the bolded is perhaps the biggest and probably the one that annoys me the most. Sure, Atley is not a complete player yet, and IMO we need Atley to become elite if we're to turn into a truly great side, but the talk about him being a poor kick is categorically wrong and very frustrating.
Something tells me Atley will have what the pundits say :- a breakout year in 2015, I just feel it in my my bones. He was (without being outstanding) very solid this year.

Watched SA v WA from last year.

Came off the bench and rucked the whole time he was on. Sent more time there than SA's starting ruck.

Bigger this year than last year but even as a skinny bottom age kid was throwing his weight around. Good aggression. Moved like a ruckman. Looked more mobile this year.

Skills were good. Good pick ups off the ground with quick effective handballs.

Spoke to my brother-in-law yesterday, who's a premiership coach in the Riverland where Durdin's from. He does sports presenting as well on ABC local radio down there, he said he declared 3 years ago on his radio show that Durdin would play in the AFL one day. Said even though he was skinny and gangly that he just knew where to run, clunked all his marks and hit packs with aggression (even though he looked like he might snap). Said he's one of those kids who just "knows football".

He was amazed that he went through to our pick and is completely certain we got a bargain. Here's hoping he's right! :):cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spoke to my brother-in-law yesterday, who's a premiership coach in the Riverland where Durdin's from. He does sports presenting as well on ABC local radio down there, he said he declared 3 years ago on his radio show that Durdin would play in the AFL one day. Said even though he was skinny and gangly that he just knew where to run, clunked all his marks and hit packs with aggression (even though he looked like he might snap). Said he's one of those kids who just "knows football".

He was amazed that he went through to our pick and is completely certain we got a bargain. Here's hoping he's right! :):cool:

Right about now I'm hoping your brother in law is in fact Gary Ziebell!

So any of you inner scrotum types heard how Sam "fight club" Durdin has gone in his first month at the club.

Really interested in the selection and his progress given the massive range of opinions on the kid over the last two years (more specifically this year and his slide from top 3 pick to pick 16).

With huge forwards like Patton, Boyd, Daniher, Cameron and Hogan looking set to become dominant players over the next decade, top quality, big key backs are going to be worth their weight in gold. Reckon Durdin could be one we look back on in a decade and say, 'Thank **** we picked him up'.
We may need him up forward instead.

I've locked Durdin in as a quality player.

Moves so well and (lets not talk about injuries) his height and skills I hope he is our next star.

Harry Taylor as a backman reminds me of Durdin, if he can get near that level or equal (better?) would be brilliant.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back