Delisted #25: Ariel Steinberg

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh I dunno, maybe since we played without a ruckman because we didn't get our rookies in order, perhaps they have learnt their lesson and are being prepared for all scenarios? Just at a wild guess.

Absolutely cannot believe anyone would complain about upgrading rookies after the debacle that literally JUST happened. That is baffling!

Reality is there is not a single negative to the decision.
Okay, so perhaps you can explain to me the benefits of promoting a rookie we're not intending to play just yet?

In some twos games, I have seen Steinburg played against some monsters and get soundly beaten as high ball after high ball continually get kicked his way.

With the chopping rule in effect, he doesn't have much scope on anyone 6 inches taller than him.

I can only hope that if he's played back, that it's more on a player his size. We don't need another Ben Brown incident like last years EF.

Great news for him..I wish Steinberg all the best at cracking another senior game.

Lets hope we don't have to play the poor fella on a 200cm forward in a final again. I bumped into him at the other week at a small supermarket in Coburg. Was very surprised to see him so I said "Hey!" like I knew him. He treated me with the confusion and disdain I deserved!! Sorry Ariel, I had been reading all day so I had my head up my anoos.

Lets hope we don't have to play the poor fella on a 200cm forward in a final again. I bumped into him at the other week at a small supermarket in Coburg. Was very surprised to see him so I said "Hey!" like I knew him. He treated me with the confusion and disdain I deserved!! Sorry Ariel, I had been reading all day so I had my head up my anoos.

Did he say hey back? Don't leave us hanging!

Really just a process of elimination isn’t it?

2 to upgrade

McKernan is a no brainer

They obviously see Long, Aylett and McKenna as a fair way off senior footy and not going to play this year anyway.

I doubt there’s any specific plans for Steinberg… they just figure he’s the only one likely to play should the opportunity arise.

Exactly,
They're just going what they should have done earlier in the year with McKernan.

C'mon, he's not that bad?
He can't help that he was elevated immediately before finals, imagine the pressure?
Fair enough. I'd like to see Ariel given a good run. I have seen a fair bit of him at VFL level and he is too good for that level but Gwilt is solid and to be fair has been quite reasonable over the last two weeks IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. I'd like to see Ariel given a good run. I have seen a fair bit of him at VFL level and he is too good for that level but Gwilt is solid and to be fair has been quite reasonable over the last two weeks IMO.

His disposal has improved, most importantly.

C'mon, he's not that bad?
He can't help that he was elevated immediately before finals, imagine the pressure?
He's your classic in between defender. He's not tall enough to play on your Tippett's and not athletic enough to play on your Gunston's. His style lends himself to the former but his height the latter.

Who is to say we'd have the Sydney Luke Parker? We'd probably have the B- Essendon Luke Parker.
There is a small forward called Jack Loney playing for St Kilda that would have been available with the pick we used for Cooney who is just the sort of player we have been crying out for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back