Delisted #25: Ariel Steinberg

Remove this Banner Ad

after reading all of this the summary could read;

too short to take a tall, too slow to take a small, too slight to take a monster. He may just get stuck in a limbo of neither here nor there for ever. The only spot i could see him excelling in defence would be the third man in but that requires a smart player (which he may be) and a perfectly functioning back 6.

those calling Brown the 3rd tall are way off, youd nearly call him the resting ruckman - youd never play an undersized defender on a resting ruckman would you? he was holding him off with one are with distain.

I suppose Ariel was drafted as a project fwd, the project has then moved back, we have tried all things just not sure its going to happen.

I think the point about Brown is that he was and is clearly North's third best key forward.

I don't think you bother assessing rankings according to attributes. It's a question of the quality of the player and structural significance.

The guy you've got who is the third most capable key defender needs to be able to be the third best key forward (almost regardless of the type of match up).

You don't risk letting Petrie off the hook(er) (pardon the pun) and you don't risk bringing an out of form Black back into a game by moving Hurley from him.

I think the point about Brown is that he was and is clearly North's third best key forward.

I don't think you bother assessing rankings according to attributes. It's a question of the quality of the player and structural significance.

The guy you've got who is the third most capable key defender needs to be able to be the third best key forward (almost regardless of the type of match up).

You don't risk letting Petrie off the hook(er) (pardon the pun) and you don't risk bringing an out of form Black back into a game by moving Hurley from him.

Agree with all that, espcially comes home to roost when alanysing who sydneys 3rd best forward may be - non Ariel fodder thats for sure.

I heard Scott say on the radio on the weekend that Black isnt actually out of form, or hasnt been this year but is 'playing a role'

The way he dragged Harry Taylor out of the back 6 and away from being able to zone off to help out made me a little sick to my stomach because i realised we may have been duped into wasting Hurley on him, did Black just 'play the role' and keep Hurls away from the play? did hurls have the pyrrhic victory?

Agree with all that, espcially comes home to roost when alanysing who sydneys 3rd best forward may be - non Ariel fodder thats for sure.

I heard Scott say on the radio on the weekend that Black isnt actually out of form, or hasnt been this year but is 'playing a role'

The way he dragged Harry Taylor out of the back 6 and away from being able to zone off to help out made me a little sick to my stomach because i realised we may have been duped into wasting Hurley on him, did Black just 'play the role' and keep Hurls away from the play? did hurls have the pyrrhic victory?

We've all made fun of Petrie playing as a decoy but the efficiency of North's forward line is frightening so I am inclined to believe that Black is playing a role as much as he is out of form (and he is clearly not at his best).

What's happening with Ariel? Doubt he can be a third yr rookie so do we keep or delist?

I'd happily give him a senior spot, but I suspect he will likely be traded to a club short on defensive stocks.

Put that medal in the pool room son.

Geelong and Sydney learnt from this. Black (on form) was clearly the third most capable forward and they matched him up accordingly.

We should have put Steingburg to Black and the coaches made a mistake there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll trade apples.

olololololololololololololololololololololoitsbeenalongday

Go banana!

GoBanana.png

Lucky then, Watson would have kicked 10.

Would've kicked nothing, those are exactly the type of goals Ariel would have prevented because he sticks to his man like glue and never gives an inch, as opposed to what we did that day which was essentially have one of Hooker or Hurley trying to play on two players at the same time.

Case in point the time when they played on each other at VFL level and Watson touched it probably 5 times and didn't register a score

How do people expect him to get used to the game in a finals situation? Give him some time Ffs, he's played what, 3 games?

His been re-signed twice for three games. Dodoros project that has failed.

The kid has a crack, but is just simply a depth player.

If becomes anymore than a list clogger I'd be shocked. Would prefer shoenmakers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back