Retired 25. Jared Rivers (2013- 2015)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pleased, but still want to see Mitch Brown get a decent run at it in defence.
I'm a fan of Browny however I think maybe it's time we let him go. Injury prone and can't seem to put on weight - and just can't break into the team - give him a go at senior footy somewhere else. I'd rather a proven backman play than give a full forward a go back there cause we feel guilty

Very happy with that get...think he will do well as our 3rd tall. Gives us flexibility in much the same way as Scarlet did. Pressure now on North to make a deal or keep McIntosh.

Hooray, I kept checking back on this thread to see if there was any news.

A very handy pickup, one which helps fill the gap between the young brigade and older players. I'm starting to feel optimistic about next year already :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad they go this done I think he will fit really well into the back 6. Now there is no rush to get the HM deal done.

I don't know why we are trading in players in their late 20s when I do not believe we can win a flag in the next two seasons with our weakish midfield.
Although I understand your logic, we have to back in the fact that we still have one of the top 5 mids (Joel) in the comp with a pretty solid midfield rotation of Bartel, Kelly, Corey, Johnson (albeit all aging) in conjunction with Duncan, T Hunt, Christensen (who are all coming along very nicely) and then the injection of the pace of Varcoe and now Caddy as well as pinch hitters. We have a lot of preseason work to do but I don't see why we should call it the end of the era. We have barely lost anything in the Rivers deal and the Caddy deal has basically guaranteed us a potentially exceptional mid for the next 10 years.

I think it is smart footy from a club that is in both the short term and long term mind frame.

I don't know why we are trading in players in their late 20s when I do not believe we can win a flag in the next two seasons with our weakish midfield.
Yeah. Lukewarm on this.

I'm a fan of Browny however I think maybe it's time we let him go. Injury prone and can't seem to put on weight - and just can't break into the team - give him a go at senior footy somewhere else. I'd rather a proven backman play than give a full forward a go back there cause we feel guilty

Who said anything about feeling guilty or brown being a full forward?

You keep posting that SJ but obviously the club feels different.
I certainly do as long as we fix the ruck clearance issues.

The midfield is definitely weakish, but we didn't have to trade for him and you never know what can happen between seasons.

Sorry to impose on your board, thats a good pick up for the cats having a good trade period. Rivers will be much better at Geelong with lonergan taylor and co around him.

Should be a nice season, experts finally write you off no doubt, can fly under the radar with a talented side and challenge for the flag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back