Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

The astute will acknowledge Drew being in the forward line means Waite gets the second defender and Brown gets the third. Which means if Drew goes to the backline, he scores nothing, Waite scores less, Brown scores less and Daw adds not much at this stage.
Anything to get 'an average' forward out of that part of the ground.

DJ Dupree

Club Legend
Jun 23, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Dragons, Rovers
The astute will acknowledge Drew being in the forward line means Waite gets the second defender and Brown gets the third. Which means if Drew goes to the backline, he scores nothing, Waite scores less, Brown scores less and Daw adds not much at this stage.

No.

Black2Blue

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm well informed that it's not much to worry about and is expected to play in NAB at some stage, but not week 1.
Hope this is the case and if it is, then let me say long live longlivenmfc. Taz is a crucial player this year so anything to counter the vertebra fracturing theory will be taken as gospel until proven otherwise.

TheBuzz

Club Legend
Sep 27, 2007
Purple Monkey Dishwasher
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm well informed that it's not much to worry about and is expected to play in NAB at some stage, but not week 1.
Sweet! As I said I have no idea about severity, just know that it happened & is an issue.

Apparently the competition for the couple of small forward/fringe midfielder positions in the team is playing out to be particularly fierce on the training ground, with that clash on Taz an unfortunate outcome of it.

Firrito24

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Caught 20-30 mins of training just then.

Taz, Wells and Dumont doing a regulation kick to kick in a triangle.

Few kicks in Taz goes down (didn't see what happened) lying flat on his back. Steve Saunders called over and talked to him for 2-3 mins while on the ground.

Walked off with the doc very gingerly. Looks to be a lower back injury. Looked in a bid of pain.

Watch this space (unfortunately)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

MaddAdam

Cancelled
10k Posts Bay 13: Vintage Bay Podcaster North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
In the not so distant future
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Firrito24

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really was quite odd. Looked like an 80 year old man picking himself up off the deck.

Hopefully just tightness or a twinge/spasm

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

jess_1804

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Was Drew lurking around nearby?

In all seriousness, that's horrible news. Hopefully it's nothing major and he's out playing on Saturday.

Oct 4, 2006
The hood
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Few possibilities

1 - spasm so not too much to worry about. He's played 2 nabs so rest up for round 1.

2 - more than a spasm and north knew about it trying to get him through without surgery. Not good for his 2016 prospects

3 - out of the blue injury. Not good for his 2016 prospects

Back