Past #25: Robbie Tarrant - traded to RFC for CCJ&picks - 2yr deal at RFC - 174 NM games/44 NM goals - retires 13/7/23 effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

So i woke up this morning with a very sore wrist and bruising on my utensil and balls after using my body as an amusement park all night due to Robbies performance... Looks like the media took notice too.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-04-27/norths-best-key-defender

Im not sure who Ben Guthrie represents, i know we have Nick Bowen do most of our write ups....

Last edited:
I thought Robbie also used an unusual tactic that seemed to work. He played in front of his man a few times and outmarked him. Oddly, it was more effective than letting him have metres on you.
Who woulda thunk it?

It was great seeing Hawkins have to push Robbie square in the back to get to the ball. HE was very very good in the man on man contests against the best body playing forward in the comp.

Who woulda thunk it?

It was great seeing Hawkins have to push Robbie square in the back to get to the ball. HE was very very good in the man on man contests against the best body playing forward in the comp.
Pushde him in the back almost everytime....

The only worry about our current key backs is that they mostly prefer to outmark their opponent, rather than putting themselves in the best defensive position at times. It looks great when it comes off, but against really good forwards can hurt us, by them taking marks at crucial parts of the game. But it sure is better with Tazz down there, than how we looked in week 1.

Worst mistake you can make in a sports forum.
Why, I've been very surprised about many things before, would still be a surprise to me though.

Why, I've been very surprised about many things before, would still be a surprise to me though.
I can't mass-quote effectively. Saying 'resign', which means quit, when the person means 're-sign', which doesn't.

It's typical Internet laziness that is doubly bad when the difference in definitions is so vital on a sports forum.

I can't mass-quote effectively. Saying 'resign', which means quit, when the person means 're-sign', which doesn't.

It's typical Internet laziness that is doubly bad when the difference in definitions is so vital on a sports forum.

Ah, I actually did wonder if that was what you meant, responses from others left me wondering if you were questioning my faith in Taz's faith in the club's faith. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only worry about our current key backs is that they mostly prefer to outmark their opponent, rather than putting themselves in the best defensive position at times. It looks great when it comes off, but against really good forwards can hurt us, by them taking marks at crucial parts of the game.

I think it's worth the trade off. Those intercept marks are crucial to us rebounding the ball and getting out over the top.

5 intercept marks on the weekend to go with keeping Hawkins to 1 goal.

He'll get Rough this week - another huge challenge.

A year or two ago I reckon he'd be shitting himself all week in the lead to it too. This week however, I reckon he can't wait. The weight of the world appears to have lifted off his shoulders and he's loving the challenges. Roughy will certainly be a different kettle of fish to Hawkins, given his free roaming mobility at speed.

Offer him 2 years now. If he keeps his form from yesterday, he will be AA squad, and will get crazy offers. I'm sure he would sign for unders to stay with us, but the value is there today! The ability is there and has been there, despite the howls from some. Make it happen!!!
He won't leave... owes us to much we stood by him. Think his loyal enough to stay

He won't leave... owes us to much we stood by him. Think his loyal enough to stay

I'm sure you are right.... But to sign him now we will get him cheaper then we would if he continues this form throughout.

I didn't think Levi would leave either. Better to sign him up now than to have 5 clubs queuing up, with him saying "I wasn't sure the spot was there for me, once Hansen and Grima are both fit" or any other such rubbish.

I'm sure you are right.... But to sign him now we will get him cheaper then we would if he continues this form throughout.

We would also risk signing a player who gets injured again. The reality with Robbie is that he has struggled to get any continuity into his footy and two good games in a row doesn't change that.

If he can get through 15-20 weeks and show this kind of form then I am happy to pay him accordingly.

I am pretty confident that there is an timeline to when Robbie will be re-signed.

I am supremely confident he'll be re-signed, 4 shoulder recos, leg injuries and we stuck with him and gave him opportunity the whole way. I cannot see him leaving.

I cannot see cash being too much of an issue either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back