MOORE%20Andrew.png

Height: 189 cm

Weight: 87 kg

Date of Birth: 30 May 1991

Nickname: Moorey

Twitter Handle:
@MOORE_26

Position: Midfield/Utility

Recruited From: Yarra Valley Grammar/Eastern Ranges (2009 National Draft Pick #9)

Career Games (to end of 2015): 55 (24 wins, 31 losses)

Career Goals (to end of 2015): 18

For more career stats click here

Honours:

More info on Andrew Moore:

After a decent back end of the 2014 season, which saw Andrew play in all three finals, it was expected that 2015 would be his time to shine. Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way. An injury late in pre season meant he missed out for the AFL line up. 2 great games at SANFL level were soured after he pushed an umpire and was given a three game suspension. Consistent SANFL form saw him play 5 games at AFL level in the back half of the season. He was strong against St Kilda with 20 disposals and a goal, whilst also performing well against Essendon in Round 17. He finished the season in the SANFL and disappointed with a poor and disinterested finals series. At the end of the season, Andrew was delisted.

Highlight Reel:

Last edited by a moderator:

Re: Andrew Moore

Has an older brother playing afl - so has seen afl from the inside

My buddy from the draft ... starting at North ... at pick #9 we would expect him to be pushing for senior selection in 2010.

'Wins his own footy' ... I like that statement about him.

... learning from Buddha will be good for the midfielder.

Good luck Andrew! :thumbsu:

I dont know about anyone else, but Andrew is already a promising midfielder, has average pace, good strength and good size for a Mid, Average-Good disposal, nothing really outstanding about the lad, a white collar Midfielder, an average Joe type footballer, if he can get some Passion and Agression in his game I genuinely believe he is one of those bloke you would love to have down in the trenches with you at war. Similar to Matt Thomas and Micheal Wilson, But with FAR better skills. I like the recruitment of him, Fit's more of the North mould than any other mould and I hope his love of the gurnsey is his strength. He is probably the only recruit I will ever prey is not a Game breaker, Line breaker and not a superstar. Moore to be our Black, We have class in Hartlet, Line breaking ability in Boak and Pearce, Inside ability with Gray and Banner, Stoppers with Thomas, Just give us a player able to average 20 touches a game average 5-6 tackles and 8 marks over the year, but has the ability when the chips are down to do the outstanding things like lay a big sheppard or a saving tackle, Insperational stuff.

Andrew had a good start to his career - a few good touches in limited game time vs Crows ... has plenty of class about him and def of the new draftees could be ready to play.

Moore played round 1 and did ok ... was surprisingly left out when Chappy came back - I thought Trengove was the obvious like for like replacement - appears he is there as the back-up back-up ruckman to Broges.

I'm sure he'll get more games - maybe will have to wait for injuries - probabaly competing with Thomas/Logan/Surjan for 2 spots ... let's hope he burns it up at SANFL level with North.

currently not playing with groin injury - maybe that is why he has not performing well at SANFL and dropped after first AFL game - been playing with an injury and now bad enough for him to miss playing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard that still on injury list but hope to be back playing in a few weeks if all goes well. Also looking forward to seeing him back have not seen much of him this year

#26 ANDREW MOORE

20 / 189 / 86

235814.jpg

SANFL Reserves Stats:
Games: 7
Disposals: 142
Disposal Efficiency: 79.6
Marks: 30
Clearances: 12
Tackles: 7
Inside50: 10
Rebound50: 6
Goals: 5
Best Players: 4

SANFL Stats:
Games: 2
Disposals: 26
Disposal Efficiency: 84.6
Marks: 10
Clearances: 0
Tackles: 3
Inside50: 2
Rebound50: 2
Goals: 0
Best Players: 0

VOTES:
BigFooty: 1 (=34th)
Port:
Macca19: 11 (32nd)
Rookie: 2 (14th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 6
Disposals: 42
Disposal Efficiency: 73.8
Marks: 8
Contested Marks: 0
Clearances: 6
Tackles: 12
Inside50: 2
Rebound50: 2
Contested Possession: 19
Goals: 2
Goal Assists: 2
Best Players: 1

Notes:
Andrew played only the 8 games outside of SANFL reserves level in 2011, a disappointing return compared to expectations at the start of the year. After a bit of an injury riddled pre season, Andrew played the first four matches of the season at reserves level. He was promoted to Port Adelaides side after his 25 disposal, 4 goal effort in the reserves in Round 6.

He played 4 AFL games in a row, with his best being against Fremantle in Round 9, picking up 14 disposals and a goal. He was dropped after the Round 11 match against Carlton, where he picked up just the 4 disposals. He played two more AFL games for the rest of the year, impressing in a purple catch against Brisbane before being subbed off.

Andrew was a high draft pick but as said hasn’t seemed to discover where he feels most comfortable at AFL level. 2012 will be an important year for Andrews future. He and the club will need to work out where he best fits – whether that’s as a shutdown defender, a marking mid sized forward or as a midfielder.

2ccbbt.jpg

Previous History
2010 – N/A

Andrew Moore is starting to show the signs of the number 9 pick we drafted. 21 disposals against one of the hardest teams going around, including 10 contested possessions and 26 pressure acts (only Brad Ebert had more PAs for Port).

Josh Francou says Port should persist with Moore (well more than he did anyway ;))

Moore should be groomed as a midfield star

609674-andrew-moore.jpg

Adelaide coach Matthew Primus must persist with playing Andrew Moore.
And he must play him through the midfield.
The No. 9 pick in the 2009 national draft finally is playing without injury and is looking as if he finally has confidence in his body.
The good news for Power fans is we are only just beginning to see the best of him.
The Advertiser

Andrew Moore is modelling his game on Josh Kennedy. And Zac Milbank notes the similarities (Be advised the following link contains AdelaideNow/Advertiser content).

Andrew Moore stretched for success

Moore - 189cm and 88kg - is modelling himself on Kennedy - 188cm and 96kg - as the AFL's most formidable force when it comes to winning clearances and contested possessions with his sizeable frame. "There's a lot of good midfielders but it has to be Josh Kennedy from the Sydney Swans," said Moore when asked who he was trying to emulate.

"He bases his game on the inside and winning the contested ball. I've watched a lot of vision of him and that's what I need to work on and get good at. He's playing so well and he's a similar body shape to me so that's who I've been basing my game on."

Andrew Moore stretched for success

Moore also gives Josh Francou credit for his development.

"We looked at it (his role) pretty hard, particularly with the (Port) development coaches Tyson Edwards, Matthew Nicks and Daniel Healy.

"They've been fantastic for me trying to concentrate on my role in the midfield, becoming an inside player by winning the hard ball. That's been a massive part of my game I've been trying to develop.

"It's worked over the last couple of weeks and especially having Josh Francou there as well, we all know how he played in the midfield, so having him (coach Moore in the SANFL) helps a fair bit as he's helping my game too."

And the absence of injury is credited with his rise this year.

The other aspect speeding up Moore's development is the absence of groin soreness this year.

"I feel as if I haven't given the club much over the past few years.

"My body hasn't helped me out much but I'm extremely determined to repay the faith the club has got in me. It's so important to finish off this year well."

Moore is now starting to show why he was drafted so highly. He's really enjoying his first injury free season and is looking forward to a massive pre-season so he can take his game to another level.

Link
Port's top pick shows Moore
HAVING battled injury virtually since the day he was drafted by the Power in the 2009, this year has been a fresh start for Port Adelaide midfielder Andrew Moore.

Osteitis pubis and the operations that ensued have kept him down, but with his first full pre-season behind him, Moore has shown the football world why he was rated so highly as a youngster and taken with a top 10 draft pick.

He broke into the Power's line-up for their round 10 win over Carlton and, with the entire leadership group out in round 14 against Geelong, he stepped up and collected 20 disposals and laid 11 tackles.
Link

Originally posted by Macca19

16th #26 ANDREW MOORE

42 Votes

248718.jpg

SANFL Reserves Stats:
Games: 4
Disposals: 93
Marks: 23
Goals: 5

SANFL Stats:
Games: 4
Disposals: 71
Marks: 17
Goals: 4
Best Players: 2

VOTES:
BigFooty: 42 (16th)
Port: 1 (28th)
Toots: 8 (25th)
Rookie: 72 (7th)

AFL Stats:
Games: 11
Disposals: 155
Marks: 27
Contested Marks: 2
Clearances: 27
Tackles: 38
Inside50: 23
Rebound50: 7
Contested Possession: 71
Goals: 3
Goal Assists: 0

Notes:
2012 saw Andrew begin to look at home at AFL level. It was a long road to get there during the year – spending a month at both SANFL reserves & SANFL level – but once he got the responsibility to play in the centre square, he began to perform. Whilst he still has a way to go to become a regular contributor, Andrew would have gained great confidence in his season. His best games came against finals opposition – Geelong, Hawthorn, Fremantle – a good sign for the future. A full pre season should see Andrew play 22 games at AFL level in 2013.

28lqfep.jpg

Moore, along with Trengove, Butcher and Carlile, have re-signed. Great to see that he signed so early on in the season rather than drag it out! Great signs for Port Adelaide!

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-03-25/key-quartet-resigns

25-year-old Carlile, who would have been eligible for free agency at season’s end, signed a four-year contract extension committing him to Port Adelaide until the end of 2017. 22-year-old Trengove and 21-year-olds Moore and Butcher have committed to two-year contract extensions, keeping them at Alberton to at least the end of 2015.

http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2013-03-25/key-quartet-resigns

C'mon Andrew! make this your year! develop a great partnership with Wines and help take the load off Boaky and Bradbert. I want to see you regularly pull 18-23 disposals a game and win your fair share of clearances. You are a critical part of creating the depth we desperately need and providing Ken with options.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back