Past #26: Ben McKinley - acquired for pick 86 in trade with WC - delisted at end of 2012 season

Remove this Banner Ad

NarniMagic

Premiership Player
Aug 8, 2010
Geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Chelsea
Word is in the herald sun that we're interested in trading for him. What are your thoughts? Would you be interested at all?

Already talked about in the other thread. I'd definitely be interested if we can get him with a late pick like the article suggests. His goal kicking record is impressive.

i am very keen for a low pick!
if we can get him and a pick in a 3 way trade including hale leaving i would be happy as well...

He looked good in his first few games. Then he was 'found out' and sunk without trace.

I'd rather risk fluking a Chris Grant, James Hird or Byron Pickett with a late pick than bring a mediocre player onto our list.

NO!

This would be a laidleyesque move.

minimal workrate, hands ok but not any better than edwards, probably a slighlty better kick though.

in the end really doesn't give us anything edwards can't. Not worth the trouble. If vespremi is available I'd sooner take a punt on him.

But ever since he requested a trade I have had a bad feeling we will pick him up.

Does low pick mean a low number? Is draft pick 12 "lower" than pick 86?

No, in drafting its a bit counter intuitive.

"High" means a "top pick" as in a low number 1-20 and so on.

Low means a later pick.

Confusing terminology

Edit: Then again thinking about it, some papers etc do it the other way. So might be easier to go by the context of the discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think we need him but he's probably more likely to turn into a gun than 40+ draft pick. Certainly has talent. The fact that we're interested is not a good sign for Edwards.

Does low pick mean a low number? Is draft pick 12 "lower" than pick 86?

It's really quite simple. With some people high means low and low means high.

With other people high means late and low means early.

Hope this helps.:)

I don't think we need him but he's probably more likely to turn into a gun than 40+ draft pick. Certainly has talent. The fact that we're interested is not a good sign for Edwards.

Why? He's been pretty much stinking it up for a few years. Why would he suddenly bloom like a flower in spring?

Give me a shot at a late pick anyday and take an untried player. That's if you want to fluke a really good player and not a battler.

Why? He's been pretty much stinking it up for a few years. Why would he suddenly bloom like a flower in spring?

Give me a shot at a late pick anyday and take an untried player. That's if you want to fluke a really good player and not a battler.

Bit harsh calling him a battler. He's the type of player who could flourish in a new structure. Getting him for our 3rd rounder is a bargain. Whether we need him or not is another matter.

Hes certainly a good goalkicker when he plays but the criticism i have of him is his forward line pressure. Barely tried a second effort and yeh if he can sort out this part of the game he will be a good player - Will do well in a side that offers good deliveries to their forwards.

Bit harsh calling him a battler. He's the type of player who could flourish in a new structure. Getting him for our 3rd rounder is a bargain. Whether we need him or not is another matter.

How many games has he played in the last 2 seasons, playing for a crap team?

Hes certainly a good goalkicker when he plays but the criticism i have of him is his forward line pressure. Barely tried a second effort and yeh if he can sort out this part of the game he will be a good player - Will do well in a side that offers good deliveries to their forwards.

That pretty much settles it then. Looks like he's going to Collingwood to replace Rusling and Medhurst.

How many games has he played in the last 2 seasons, playing for a crap team?

Well you're not going to get many 1st team regulars in exchange for peanuts.

Calling him a battler would suggest he doesn't have the potential. By the sound of things he needs to work on forward pressure/second efforts. If he can work these things into his game then he has the tools to be a very good player. Worth a punt I reckon.

Well you're not going to get many 1st team regulars in exchange for peanuts.

Calling him a battler would suggest he doesn't have the potential. By the sound of things he needs to work on forward pressure/second efforts. If he can work these things into his game then he has the tools to be a very good player. Worth a punt I reckon.

No worries, Daz. If we get him I'll be his number one fan - well, next in line after you maybe.:thumbsu:

the kid can play only reason he has been out of the team is because his heart is not in it. Wanted to return to vic last year i think and we convinced him to play on with us.

likely he hasn't been played this year because of this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back