Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Was in 2008. But yes, I recall it too.

This was Hooker's first season. From memory he played the first half of the season in the VFL as a forward, then was trialled as a defender. Hooker had played few games in defence at VFL level at this time.

One foot in the door for his first AA birth.

Clearly beat Melbourne's number forward who has been in good form. He's game today has been under-rated.
He was very good.

Pity we couldn't snag a win for the guy in his 100th, he's one of the stalwarts.

Yeah happened twice; 6 goals in 2008 and 5 in 2009.

Yeah - Hooker made Hahn look like a superstar - Though Hahn was a very decent player.

Gee I hope he gets AA this year. Cannot help but marvel at the progression this guy has made.

Bona fide star backman.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Poor game by his standards this year. Hate the way he yells and screams at teammates when he gets burnt on a lead. Really poor moments which he doesn't need to do.
He's within his rights to do it more often than not.

He and Goddard react similarly to being beaten because they hate losing.

Poor game by his standards this year. Hate the way he yells and screams at teammates when he gets burnt on a lead. Really poor moments which he doesn't need to do.

Thought Hooker had a very good game - Stiffened up the defence in the second half.

He's within his rights to do it more often than not.

He and Goddard react similarly to being beaten because they hate losing.

I don't think it's sportsmanlike. I haven't had an issue with Goddard. Maybe it's because he's generally angry without blaming others for his failings.

They demand the best from their teammates - generally because they are offering their best. I have no problem with it unless it gets to Heath Shaw proportions.

Towled up Riewoldt for the record.

Stats do lie..

1 goal 1 to 3/4 time. Marks up the ground on the centre line for Jack. Cale dominated him in positioning and structurally hence Riewoldt searching for possessions up the ground.

Can't believe people weren't giving him votes for last nights game

Towled up Riewoldt for the record.

Stats do lie..

1 goal 1 to 3/4 time. Marks up the ground on the centre line for Jack. Cale dominated him in positioning and structurally hence Riewoldt searching for possessions up the ground.

Can't believe people weren't giving him votes for last nights game
Why cut it off at 3/4 time? The game was well and truly in the balance in the fourth quarter - there was no real junk time.

Why cut it off at 3/4 time? The game was well and truly in the balance in the fourth quarter - there was no real junk time.

The fact is that jack gets a disproportionate amount of goals in the last quarter.

The fact is that jack gets a disproportionate amount of goals in the last quarter.
He ain't called Junktime Jack for nothin'.
I agree that all of his goals in the Dreamtime (and a lot of his goals in general) are meaningless, but this was a close game in the last quarter. No potential for junktime goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back