Past #26: Taylor Hine - officially delisted by North Melbourne (31/10/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

The Taylor Hine appreciation thread, good to see.

At what time does it turn into the Taylor Hine Get rid of thread for a first gamer ? :rolleyes:

Play well son, best of luck. l like the way you go about it. I expect errors and l will take errors with players who don't mind throwing a bit of weight and cracking in.

For now he joins the list of unique given names (not counting varied spelling or abbreviated names) of North Melbourne players. The other are
Alastair, Angelo, Ashley, Athol, Barnie, Basil, Beres, Blake, Brenton, Byron, Cairo, Callum, Carl, Chad, Clem, Clive, Cruize, Cyril, Dal, Damien, Digby, Dinny, Dion, Djaran, Drew, Dudley, Duncan, Dylan, Edgar, Evan, Gareth, Garmah, Grant, Greg, Hamish, Hector, Ivor, Jeremy, Joel, Jose, Julian, Kasey, Keenan, Kent, Kieran, Kristian, Kym, Lachlan, Levi, Lloyd, Luke, Malcolm, Marcus, Mario, Milton, Mo, Mowbray, Murray, Orm, Oscar, Ossy, Robin, Roger, Rohan, Roland, Rupert, Saverio, Todd, Trent, Troy, Vic, Viv, Warwick, Wellesley, Winston, Wolfgang, Xavier

The italic ones are current players - too easy
The bold one are all players in the AFL era (1990 onwards)
Some of the others are pretty famous - but most aren't!

Luke is unique? He has his own gospel.

For now he joins the list of unique given names (not counting varied spelling or abbreviated names) of North Melbourne players. The other are
Alastair, Angelo, Ashley, Athol, Barnie, Basil, Beres, Blake, Brenton, Byron, Cairo, Callum, Carl, Chad, Clem, Clive, Cruize, Cyril, Dal, Damien, Digby, Dinny, Dion, Djaran, Drew, Dudley, Duncan, Dylan, Edgar, Evan, Gareth, Garmah, Grant, Greg, Hamish, Hector, Ivor, Jeremy, Joel, Jose, Julian, Kasey, Keenan, Kent, Kieran, Kristian, Kym, Lachlan, Levi, Lloyd, Luke, Malcolm, Marcus, Mario, Milton, Mo, Mowbray, Murray, Orm, Oscar, Ossy, Robin, Roger, Rohan, Roland, Rupert, Saverio, Todd, Trent, Troy, Vic, Viv, Warwick, Wellesley, Winston, Wolfgang, Xavier

The italic ones are current players - too easy
The bold one are all players in the AFL era (1990 onwards)
Some of the others are pretty famous - but most aren't!

You gotta love V-Lookup

The kid's looking okay. Sticking tackles, kicking to targets and cool head under pressure.

Sounds like he had a decent game today. Hopefully he continues to improve as the year goes on. I certainly hope he doesn't get dropped. Or that people don't start calling for his blood a la Jacobs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best game for the club in our best win of the year

Great pick up in last years draft, may we see more and more of that!
Was a bit iffy with the ball at time but kept varcoe(?) to very little. Has done well as a tagger this year.

Best game for the club in our best win of the year

Great pick up in last years draft, may we see more and more of that!
Yep agree, he smacked the suitcase out of Varcoe in the first half and then put the screws on Motlop in the second half.

He's the new glove!

Great pickup that one. Fills a void we so desperately needed. His speed and carry tonight was impressive. I swear he is made of rubber though, players tend to bounce off him at times! Once he attends the atley school of kicking he'll be a ripper. Cheers GC, Swallow next thanks

Love his toughness, attitude ad speed. Can shut down a player and give good run.

His disposal was at it's worst last night. Hopefully it improves soon.

Hine and Jacobs will be valuable down the road for us and were cheap pick ups.

Don't wish to be negative as I'm a fan of Taylor's. But he did make a couple of poor decisions and executions tonight (as did Sam Wright). Happy to concede Hiney is inexperienced and will be better for the run.
Agree - had we lost we may be a little harsher in our summary of Taylor's game. A couple of very poor decisions were costly. But do agree there were good signs and I'm certainly not giving up on Hine. Developing OK.

Early Hine had the task on Motlop and Motlop tore Hine apart with his pace. As _Nicey_ said Hine had a horror turd term with his disposal. Hine managed to link up in some nice passages of play, defend well on some occasions and did find the ball but I felt he was one of our poorer players. :stern look

Remove this Banner Ad

Back