Past #26: Taylor Hine - officially delisted by North Melbourne (31/10/14)

Remove this Banner Ad

Was on Varcoe early from what I saw, Motlop late. Had Duncan a little bit.
I like him. Hes quick and tough and does his job.

He wins more than his fair share of 50/50 contests.

With his speed, side-step and appetite for the contest he could end up as a midfielder.

Hope the kicking improves.

cold light of day, watching the replay, thought he was very good. Motlop kicked one on wright, one in that Goldy contest and one from that s**t free Fishy gave up. his job is to defend and if he gets basic with the footy he'll be a fine player for a long time.

atley and Wright on Varcoe and Stokes were also outstanding. Belted them

Thought he was far from our best.

Greenwood could potentially take his spot next week.

Was on Varcoe early from what I saw, Motlop late. Had Duncan a little bit.
I like him. Hes quick and tough and does his job.

No, he started on Motlop and got ripped to pieces.

I like his hardness around the ball but I don't think he is anything special apart from that. I would've had him first in line to be dropped.

I like his hardness around the ball but I don't think he is anything special apart from that. I would've had him first in line to be dropped.

Agree.

I like Hine, he was great v Richmond but has fallen off the pace since for mine. Gysberts and Greenwood should be looking to impress tomorrow.

Heard Scotty call a competitive beast.......my question is what does he do that Greenwood can't?? He is definitely favoured by Scotty.....just saying.
Quicker, more agile I'd say. Prbably sticks to his task better too.

last week he had Blease who had 4 touches for the game and who was dropped. Yarran had what 9 touches? whats the expectation here for these types of defenders? Motlop got away a bit, but if you reckon Greenwoon or Mcmahon should play on these types......fair enough.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greenwood was cut from the team after one poor tagging effort. I thought he was superb in the two weeks previous.

Runs on the board only count for some players.

I thought he was good against Richmond but it was such a vicious belting and his opponent still had 30. I hated his game v Brisbane. which was the other one?

Anyway, they are completely different players in different positions. Levi is competing with Jacobs. Hine clearly competing with Mcmahon.

#26 Taylor Hine

HINE%20Taylor.png

Summary
The former Gold Coast midfielder was targeted by North Melbourne, and after a trade couldn't be brokered, he found his way to Aegis Park through the National Draft. Hine made his debut in the blue and white in Round 3 against Sydney, where he performed a promising run-with role on Lewis Jetta, keeping him to eight touches and a goal. A week later against the Lions, Hine lined up on Daniel Rich, and kept him to 15 disposals while racking up 17 of his own in a terrific display. Hine would fall out of the side for three weeks, but returned to play 10 consecutive games. In Round 15 against Richmond, Hine followed Brett Deledio around and tagged him out of the game, while his Friday night performance against Geelong late in the season showed a lot of promise but also showed a glaring weakness in his game: his disposal, as well as his awareness. If Hine can work on these deficiencies and steadily improve over the pre-season, he will find himself vying for a best 22 position in the side.

Quote:Two games last year effectively sealed Taylor Hine's move from Gold Coast to North Melbourne.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-07-12/no-looking-back

Quote:Taylor Hine is looking forward to playing in familiar territory this week when he runs out on to Metricon Stadium in North colours.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2013-06-04/h...ck-on-suns

Taylor+Hine+Ac1L95dnki_m.jpg

Taylor+Hine+A7vSd-OFNFZm.jpg

Taylor+Hine+fC0SwPkenlEm.jpg

285152-tlsgalleryportrait.jpg

283987-tlsgallerylandscape.jpg

Solid workhorse who showed some signs of being capable of significantly more.

Every successful team needs their hard nosed role players and Taylor could be one of ours.

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on Taylor Hine and where he fits going forward.

When he came to the club I am
pretty sure he only signed a two year deal which means he isnt contracted for 2015.

He is coming off an injury interrupted pre-season but he has played 5-6 games at VFL level at Werribee without featuring in the bests. As far as I'm aware he hasnt been setting the world on fire and his disposal effeciency has been less than impressive.

I'm also not sure what direction the club is taking in regards to his development either with Werribee using McGeiness as their number #1 tagger.

Is Hine to offensively limited to the modern game? Could he potentially get back in the 22 by seasons end? Will he get a contract extension?

All I know is its going to be a huge 10-12 weeks for young Hine.

concerned. i thought he was a great acquisition upon arrival but disappointed me on various occasions.

if he does his role at the utmost best then he warrants selection, we've seen what oppositions best players do to us. i can distinctly remember ablett, pendlebury and fyfe all having belters against us.

if the club is attempting to develop his offensive game, its not right. we have outstanding users of the football, and limited "taggers". there's never been a better time for us to develop a fantastic negator, with a flood of precision players recruited over the last 4 years. of course, he has to start it now or he'll be in serious strife, but i do believe there is a role for him to play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back