151123_Hulett.jpeg

MFC: Dees finalise senior list with Hulett

stabler

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'm watching you Hulett... Alwwaaaaaayyss watching..

Nah not really, just felt like a monsters inc reference was in order.

Welcome aboard, Liam

Like his kicking action and moves well for a guy with some size. Looks more a lead up forward than a contest pack mark type. Looks to have an AFL body and will add size quite easily.

Not quite as excited here as i am about King at 42 (but who isnt?) but at 46 he has some AFL traits and look about him for sure.

Going tall with our later picks tells me club is looking to offload at least one of Pedo/Dawes (plz dawes) at end of next year, and also could mean Frost will play back.
Won't both of Pedo and Dawes be OOC at the end of next season? Potentially both will be gone? Probably unlikely given the lack of experienced talls we have, but might be an option if this years crop come on well and their form drops off.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Won't both of Pedo and Dawes be OOC at the end of next season? Potentially both will be gone? Probably unlikely given the lack of experienced talls we have, but might be an option if this years crop come on well and their form drops off.
Only way we delist both is if we trade for a ready made replacement. Can't see any of the new boys being ready to play 26 games at the required level for us to win the flag

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne

Yep, both are OOC. Think Dawes is 100% a goner unless he turns it around this year, Pedersen is similar moreso due to his constant injuries. Thing is I doubt Weideman/Hulett/King x2 will be ready to hold down the 2nd forward position in 2017, but I reckon thats what the club is hoping for.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely whichever of Pedo or Dawes has the better season will be retained? Can't see either getting more than one year deals from here on in.

Cannon82

Cancelled
10k Posts Melbourne Poster of the Year Melbourne Demons - Ben Kennedy Player Sponsor 2016 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Player Sponsor 2015 Melbourne Demons - Dom Barry Sponsor 2014 Melbourne Demons - Jeremy Howe Sponsor 2014
Oct 26, 2012
AFL Club
Melbourne
Surely whichever of Pedo or Dawes has the better season will be retained? Can't see either getting more than one year deals from here on in.

I don't imagine Pedo will be going anywhere else and would be content to live on performance-based one year deals from here on out. Dawes might get an offer given he's a couple of years younger if a side is desperate for a tall forward and are happy to operate on reputation rather than performance. Could see a side like Richmond offering him a couple of year given where their list is at, Norf if Petrie and Waite bow out at the same time, or maybe Essendon. Picking up Weideman should be the writing on the wall for Dawes' future here after the next two seasons.

Hulett is going to surprise a lot of people. He is far more likely to play in 2016 than Weidemann. I have a premonition about this guy.

Hulett is going to surprise a lot of people. He is far more likely to play in 2016 than Weidemann. I have a premonition about this guy.
Your last premonition said that Nathan Jones would be a dud Biff...you have written off his career!

Yeah, there's a bit of a Vandenberg feel about him IMO.

Will feature at some stage next year.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Hulett has the body to play next year, it's just whether he is any good or not because we certainly have room for an aggressive 3rd tall

Remove this Banner Ad

Back