Past #27: Nathan O'Keefe - drafted with #59 in the '08 ND - delisted at end '10 season

Remove this Banner Ad

We are talking about kids, not everyone is career focused at a young age. I am sure there are also a lot more distractions when you become an afl player, chicks, first taste of life after being with parents, nightlife, booze, there are lot of things that can distract people and take the focus off the footy when they are young.

I don't think people need to speculate on what happened specifically, it just panned out that way.

I'm not sure if he is training with anyone or has nominated for psd/rookie draft but wish him the best of luck, seemed like a great kid.

I'm with you Tas. The kid may have stuffed up but I don't see any point in putting the boot in now. He's gone.

You've been warned.

Lol. Fair enough to stick up for a family friend but if you think your tough talk's going to fly here, think again "champ"! You too have been warned, and this thread, like David Hale, is done!

Re: 23. Nathan O'Keefe

Lilydale, in the EFL, where he's "kicking bags" according to BF poster berniemccarthy.

Yeah he is slotting a fair few between the sticks and so he should be playing Div 2 EFL.

He's booted 51 goals in 9 games, and Lilydale are undefeated if I'm not mistaken.

Tracking a ton, I know he slotted 8 of the best last week.

Yeah clearly, he is getting paid a bit to play down there and is happy at that level giving a few a touch-up.

He was good for Werribee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not really something you would repeat on a public forum. He had 1 year to go on his contract, which gives you an indication that what he did was pretty serious.
You don't know what he did, just speculating.

Great question.

Man he had quick hands for a bloke his size. Sticky too.

Belting start is a little generous. Did OK.

Contrary to popular belief the main issues surrounding him related to TPP.

The AFL were unsure if his supplemental income should've been included in the salary cap and in the end it was the club bookkeepers who let him go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back