Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Bit harsh on the kid. He's played one season and a handful of games this year. If you're disappointed that he got injured that's fine, but surely you can't be judging him on output just yet?
Thats half the problem with our club. Too many peoples expectations are too low.

Thats half the problem with our club. Too many peoples expectations are too low.
How can you even set proper expectations for a player when he's barely played in a year and a half? I'm glad you're not the list manager if you're going to boot a 21 year old, who has proven (albeit fleetingly) that he can mix it in the seniors, after a LTI.

Brown will be in for Maj no doubt. More than likely Basti will come in for Jacobs seeing Brad's back. Atley should be dropped again, 1 tackle from a guy with his speed and plays his position is pathetic.

Don't think Garner will be selected needs to show more. Been a disaster 1st round draft pick so far but lets hope he can turn it around.

Gotta cut the mustard first. Imo has been a disappointment so far along with a lot of other disappointments.

Are you serious? He's hardly played.

There's plenty of things wrong with the club at the moment, but Taylor Garner is not one of them.

How can you even set proper expectations for a player when he's barely played in a year and a half? I'm glad you're not the list manager if you're going to boot a 21 year old, who has proven (albeit fleetingly) that he can mix it in the seniors, after a LTI.
I never said I'd delist him dimwit, all I said was he's been dissappointing so far. He'd wanna start producing soon otherwise the question will be asked here too.

Yeah, bloody Garner letting a torn hamstring tendon and two hip surgeries stop him from pressing his case for selection. Soft utensil.

Now come on..how many full games has he played in the seniors. Without checking I would say no more than 2. Give the kid a break!
Literally one full game in his career and about 5 minutes after coming on as sub on debut. Definitely give him a break, jeez!

I never said I'd delist him dimwit, all I said was he's been dissappointing so far. He'd wanna start producing soon otherwise the question will be asked here too.
Well now, there's no need for childish name calling. I just don't understand how he could have been producing before now, with the injuries and all. He's played one whole AFL game, one as a sub and a handful of VFL games. From memory he performed rather well in that one AFL game, and that's what I'm judging him on due to a lack of any other real evidence. I have no doubt he'll be entrenched in the best 22 next year after a full pre-season.

If you don't think that, it's fine. I'm just arguing my point, which a lot of other people seem to be agreeing with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on ya Taylor. Deserves nothing but the best after all the s**t he's been through. Hoping this is the beginning of a good run in the seniors for him.

First goal watch this Saturday night against the Handbaggers. Provided he's not the sub (which he no doubt will be), I'd like to see him destroy that flog Mackie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back