Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Give us an update/interview please club.

Someone posted in the injuries thread that Garner spoke at the function after the game last week. Apparently he is good to go but is behind on his fitness conditioning so that is why he is being held back. Makes sense that they want to make sure his fitness is up to scratch before letting him play again.

Someone posted in the injuries thread that Garner spoke at the function after the game last week. Apparently he is good to go but is behind on his fitness conditioning so that is why he is being held back. Makes sense that they want to make sure his fitness is up to scratch before letting him play again.

That is a relief to know. I was wondering if he'd suffered another setback.

Listed as 2 weeks away from resuming full training in the latest injury update.

Assume from there he'll have to get a solid training block under his belt before being able to play in the twos.

Smelling like Grima/Urch all over again unfortunately.
It's basically fitness at this stage with Garner. He is partaking in many of the drills and seems to have recovered from the surgeries well enough. He has had no real preseason so he can take all the time he needs to get fit IMO.

Listed as 2 weeks away from resuming full training in the latest injury update.

Assume from there he'll have to get a solid training block under his belt before being able to play in the twos.

Smelling like Grima/Urch all over again unfortunately.

2 weeks...all good. ..move on nothing to see. .

Don't want him breaking down again in a match. I'd be happy for them to give him almost a "full" preseason in season. Edge him into VFL in about 6-8 weeks and then he can push for a place in the last quarter of the season with a solid block of training and game time under his belt. As much as we want him in the team I think we want him around in 2 years more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back