Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

The club have high hopes for this kid. Wouldn't be surprised if he turned into a Archer type half back flanker with the occasional burst up forward.

Is this guy still alive? Would love Heath/Rob and the media boys to do a catch up with him.

Is it just me or is a Taylor Garner sighting as rare as an un-argumentative girlfriend?

Any word from the lads who have been to training? Is he on the track?

Rate him so much. Could be our hidden gem.

Is this guy still alive? Would love Heath/Rob and the media boys to do a catch up with him.

Is it just me or is a Taylor Garner sighting as rare as an un-argumentative girlfriend?

It's funny you wrote this, I was just about to head to training with the main goal of seeing whether he had progressed. I have since been called in to a meeting that has scuttled that plan... However back on Garner, my god he would have to be getting close to full training if he wants to make an impact this year! From my visits to Arden street I don't think I've ever seen him a full participant, that MUST hurt his fitness, and I would imagine really stall his development. Players get better by playing!

One of the latest videos by the club shows him running at pace, so he is progressing.

Was doing some straight line running when I went to training a couple of weeks back.

It's funny you wrote this, I was just about to head to training with the main goal of seeing whether he had progressed. I have since been called in to a meeting that has scuttled that plan... However back on Garner, my god he would have to be getting close to full training if he wants to make an impact this year! From my visits to Arden street I don't think I've ever seen him a full participant, that MUST hurt his fitness, and I would imagine really stall his development. Players get better by playing!
image.jpg

"Just turn around, get back in your car & tell the forum you got called into a meeting..."

This is starting to get weird. Obviously he's not fit, but I've not seen him on any injury list that the club (or otherwise) has produced, nor have I heard anyone from the club mention him in about a year.

Is he still on our list?

This is starting to get weird. Obviously he's not fit, but I've not seen him on any injury list that the club (or otherwise) has produced, nor have I heard anyone from the club mention him in about a year.

Is he still on our list?

I heard 'two weeks'

Became instantly suspicious.

Is he still on our list?
He is on the back end of a long road to recovery. This time last year he pinged the hammy, or partially tore the tendon to be exact. Then he developed hip issues so his recovery was delayed and delayed again. Towards the back end of the season they put him in for a hip operation and have been progressing his program slowly, working on what looks like a graduate program of agility and power development. Saw him on Monday running full pretty much full tilt and doing some one on one contest stuff with Jarred Moore so he is close.

He will probably need quite a bit of conditioning work once cleared to train properly so I wouldn't expect to see him on the park for maybe 6-8 weeks at a guess, dependent on just how far along in his recovery he has progressed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is on the back end of a long road to recovery. This time last year he pinged the hammy, or partially tore the tendon to be exact. Then he developed hip issues so his recovery was delayed and delayed again. Towards the back end of the season they put him in for a hip operation and have been progressing his program slowly, working on what looks like a graduate program of agility and power development. Saw him on Monday running full pretty much full tilt and doing some one on one contest stuff with Jarred Moore so he is close.

He will probably need quite a bit of conditioning work once cleared to train properly so I wouldn't expect to see him on the park for maybe 6-8 weeks at a guess, dependent on just how far along in his recovery he has progressed.

Yep, we need to have him fit so he can show us what he's got.

Slowly slowly catch a monkey.

He will be on the list next year. Best case is he comes back to the VFL 4-5 weeks in.

Thanks mate :thumbsu:

Just struck me as strange that a player, who was so highly thought of in 2013, could spend effectively a year on the sidelines and then forgotten about in terms of attention. He's a bit of an enigma. I still have high hopes for him.

Thanks mate :thumbsu:

Just struck me as strange that a player, who was so highly thought of in 2013, could spend effectively a year on the sidelines and then forgotten about in terms of attention. He's a bit of an enigma. I still have high hopes for him.
Opinions dropped like you wouldn't believe once he had gone through a year of injury.

Heath should do a player update god with Garner.

image.png

That's not god, he doesn't look like Morgan Freeman.

God, l mean morgan, l love Bruce Almighty, such a great film for its time.
For its time? What do you mean that was only... oh s**t, I'm getting old(er).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back