Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone see much of Garner in the VFL? I didn't get to see a lot of him, just his AFL games.

I ask because although he was good in his game against the pies, his kicking was not great.

What was his kicking like in the VFL and even at training?

Haven't heard a thing about Garner since his last interview on nmfc.com.au :( Is he up and running?
Yep. Running full pelt but being eased into more contested stuff. They are really keen to ensure that that get him spot on before bringing him back.

total-recall-two-weeks.jpg

I really can't waiting for Garner.......to be playing and fighting for a genuine spot for the ones. In a way he's a new recruit for us as well. If he as well as Mullett and Harper were to put up solid numbers during the season then the bar raises up another notch for players to hold their spots.

Anyone see much of Garner in the VFL? I didn't get to see a lot of him, just his AFL games.

I ask because although he was good in his game against the pies, his kicking was not great.

What was his kicking like in the VFL and even at training?

I went along to training today and was happy to see Garner out there.

To answer my own question from before, his kicking during a training drill was first class. It was the blind turn and roughly 2 25 meter kicks, one straight after the other. Can hit a bullet. Very happy to see this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly. Gibbo could have a 225 metre kick meaning he could kick a goal from the opposite goalsquare but he's probably kick it the wrong way, amirite?
Gibbo could kick an 80 metre torp and hit the post and be shouted down on BF.

Shoulda centered it.
Dem bad skillz
Sure it was good, but was it under the mad pressure of a Grand Final?

Gibbo could kick an 80 metre torp and hit the post and be shouted down on BF.

Shoulda centered it.
Dem bad skillz
Sure it was good, but was it under the mad pressure of a Grand Final?
Could have a 45 possession, 6 goal game but do you remember when he kicked it up the wing and it bounced at Petries feet, it's not good enough. Delist!

The thread is about Garner.

I'm sure there are 13 others to crap on about how amazing and unappreciated Gibson is.

For mine Garner has been very unlucky. Really like how he goes about it (bit of a scrapper, good height/build) and hopefully can get another decent crack in the near future.

I'm sure there are 13 others to crap on about how amazing and unappreciated Gibson is.

For mine Garner has been very unlucky. Really like how he goes about it (bit of a scrapper, good height/build) and hopefully can get another decent crack in the near future.
Just having a bit of a laugh mate. It seems like every thread mentions Gibson somewhere.

Completely agree with you on Garner though. I think we'll have a player when he gets a good run at it. When do you realistically think he'll be in the mix for senior selection?

So the Bastinac thread?....

I'm a staunch defender of Garner. Defender as in, reminding people that he had a great debut second game and then got rooted by injury.

(I guess I wiped the Adelaide game from my subconscious)

Last edited:
Just having a bit of a laugh mate. It seems like every thread mentions Gibson somewhere.

Completely agree with you on Garner though. I think we'll have a player when he gets a good run at it. When do you realistically think he'll be in the mix for senior selection?

Yeah I know mate it's just bloody everywhere! (including my input) ha

To be honest I have no idea. Love to see him get a decent crack at it but when that happens.....well I thought he might get it right by late last year but was unsighted. I assume everything going well he might be ready mid-season after a significant stint in VFL to put his hand up?

I would expect him to have to put in a solid season at VFL level to get a look in. The competition for spots is different to what it was when he last ran out wearing blue and white. Turner, Higgins, Boomer, Jack, Cunners all are either based forward or spend time there. Could he play mid? Or running defender replacing Ats or LMac as they move to the midfield?? If not he will have to light it up in the VFL to get a call up..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back