Senior 28. David Cuningham

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, our new draft strategy is to pick up players who are friends or family of current staff members. I've heard Weiterings mum has been working at the club in an unknown capacity for years.

McKay got picked because he's just incredibly awesome, but he's the lone exception.

Next year we'll thrown pick 1 at North for his brother :thumbsu:

The selection of Cunningham was a surprise to many especially when there appeared to be a number of higher-ranked players still available at that time.

I'd like to think that the pick was made purely on merit, not schoolyard relations.

The selection of Cunningham was a surprise to many especially when there appeared to be a number of higher-ranked players still available at that time.

I'd like to think that the pick was made purely on merit, not schoolyard relations.
Higher ranked by who, Knightmare?

There are some things you can't teach. Pace is one thing. Composure while running at a high pace is another. I couldn't care less if the kid is the illegitimate love child of John Elliot as long as he performs.

Cripps dishes to Cunningham in close...Cunningham bursts away from the stoppage......rinse...repeat

Love the pick.

Exactly what i was thinking mate. would be an unstoppable combo if Cuningham can get his disposal eff going great guns.

12.Adelaide ... Collins
13.St.Kilda ... Mathieson
14.Hawthorn ... Hibberd
15.GC ... Tucker

You rated those four higher than him for a start !!
I'm glad to see that I'm finally being recognised as a world class drafting genius.

It's been long overdue.

12.Adelaide ... Collins
13.St.Kilda ... Mathieson
14.Hawthorn ... Hibberd
15.GC ... Tucker

You rated those four higher than him for a start !!
A lot of other clubs weren't interested either. Something in that? Pace and can get his own ball. Big tick.

Welcome Cunners, looks to be a good pick up. Lets hope that he emulates his idol to some degree...one Charlie should be enough :eek::D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Effective disposals 12.1 v 7.2, right above efficiency lol. Caz, please. And the handball ratios are there too.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Watched the 1st half of Vic Metro V WA. Nice break away speed early in the 1st. Not much else after. Hanging around the outside if the packs...in the 1st half of that game anyhow.

welcome richie.......im liking this kid & think he will surprise a few of the negative people on here.
pace cant be coached & we need some breakaway contest speed.....which he has.
not to mention good accurate kicking on the run.

Hasn't his name been bastardised over the trade and draft periods? It's like people don't even try.
What makes it worse is the name has been well known in football circles for more than 55 years & SOS was even part of the media circus for awhile. It's just laziness & even some of our supporters are guilty of it (refer to 'Proud of Silvagni' thread).

406258.jpg

Cunningham giving the boys a rev up at 3/4 time of the TAC Cup grand final

The more I see if him the more I see of Boekhorst..

Was thinking the same. Every chance we have those two blokes running up and down a 'wing' for a number of years. Good thing about Cuningham is his proficiency on his opposite foot (going by highlights only of course).

Both players have good speed and composure on the run, good foot skills and aren't afraid of getting in amongst the physical stuff. Excellent. Let's hope they make the most of their opportunities!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back